· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Its a good post and all... but usually people who should read this, and need to read this, dont even bother with stickys in the first place. 75% of the questions are stickys somewhere in there forum..

I still agree, and people need to understand this!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Amen brother!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red
    Its a good post and all... but usually people who should read this, and need to read this, dont even bother with stickys in the first place. 75% of the questions are stickys somewhere in there forum..
    Very True, but now we have a place to direct those posters.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My only criticism is the "Atten".

Either use Attention or Attn. with the period, to signify the proper abbreviation for the word.

When I first read it, I sat there for a few seconds, thinking ... what the hell am I supposed to do to beginners now?

*shifty eyes*

*runs away*

0 Not allowed!
    It was a typo, I know my grammar. LOL
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Fixed,lol
    Great write up ILMGB.
    Last edited by Northernguy; 01-01-2012 at 04:17 AM.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernguy
    Great right up ILMGB.
    Thanks... but we have another grammar fail.

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    LMAO!!!! I have a great excuse,It's New Years Eve. I think I done perty good eh?"
    Hope you are all having a good one.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I understand the frustrations, when members respond to a question and then the poster goes ahead and does exactly the reverse. But then, lets remember that people are human after all and cannot be expected to behave rationally at all times.

If I know something, I impart it not because I want others to go my way, but because I love to share my knowledge. Whether it is being utilised or not is the receiver's prerogative. That's how I look at it.

While the intent is right, I somehow disagree with the content of the op. Generalising that every newcomer knows less than the existing members and is here for advice may not be correct. There are enough sources of information available in the world. Some hobbyists will definitely come here for advice, others may join in just because of their love for the hobby or the fact that they may have something to share. There are so many people out there who have succesfully run multiple tanks over years but may only now decide to be a member of the forum. Can we say we know more than them?

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    [QUOTE=While the intent is right, I somehow disagree with the content of the op. Generalising that every newcomer knows less than the existing members and is here for advice may not be correct. There are enough sources of information available in the world. Some hobbyists will definitely come here for advice, others may join in just because of their love for the hobby or the fact that they may have something to share. There are so many people out there who have succesfully run multiple tanks over years but may only now decide to be a member of the forum. Can we say we know more than them?[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this! Not that it applies to me at this forum - but I have joined PET forums (dogs, specifically) only because I want to be able to relate to people with the love of their furkid - not because I need answers or don't know what I am doing when it comes to my dog. Some people join forums just to have another place to talk about their love since it can be so hard to find people who even care about the hobby in the "real" world.
    PaMeLa
    5 gallon/6.5 gallon/29 gallon/37 gallon/ 55 gallon {and a 20 gallon in my office!}