· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

1 Not allowed!
    So it looks like Falling Skies Season Four started last month.... this means there is a bunch of episodes in the queue. :D

0 Not allowed!
    Yep, I saw the first ep, but need to catch up on the next eps. So far, it's been a pretty wild ride.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue 
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA 
    Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 Thanks for the rep! :) - Compass 

0 Not allowed!
    Saw Transformers: Age of Extinction last night.

I have some mixed feelings about the movie. In some ways its better than the earlier version, and yet it still has some of the Michael Bay cliche story points.

In the interest of sharing my opinion, I will put Spoilers/Alternative Suggestions below... they are in white font, so if you want to read them highlight them, and if you don't.. then don't.

There are too many no depth characters in order to keep some of the cliche's alive.

Mark Wahlberg plays the main protagonist/dad in the film. He's spent so many years being the young action hero, it was rather surprising to see him play someone his own age. (Though still an action hero.) No offense to Mr. Lebouf, but Mark Wahlberg was more interesting, so this is a good thing. Lebouf's Sam character does not even get a mention. Apparently even Bumblebee got tired of him.

Kelsey Grammer is good at evil. Maybe its all those years playing a shrink.

Michael Bay clearly grew up very far from corn fields. Let's assume you have a car that can drive as fast through a cornfield as another rally car can drive on a road through a corn field. (HA HA!) This would mean that it was in fact faster on the road than the rally car and driving through the corn field was just stupid.

When you are evicting someone from a home, even in a foreclosure. The eviction happens prior to the house going up for sale. Having a realtor show up and referring to the house for sale prior to the eviction notice was a waste of movie time. This movie was nearly 3 hours long, this would have been a wise cut of stupidity removal.

Buggatti (aka Transformer Drift) is an originally french car maker that is now presently being made by Volkswagen. He transforms into a Japanese Samurai and is voiced by a japanese actor. Japan makes hundreds of cars. They even make super cars like the Lexus LFA. This bothered me a bit more than it probably should have. .

Not as much as the guy at the Chinese defense tower that is speaking Chinese randomly switches to English for a sentence and then back to Chinese again.

Also if you are going to use the whole cameras everywhere surveillance state method as part of the story advancement, you can eliminate the hippy slacker guy that shows up and gets killed off early on and is used to make a phone call to notify the authorities, who apparently knew because of surveillance. The dept of redundancy dept would fire that guy and so should this movie. You could replace his tragic demise that we cried about for 2 seconds with the robotic dog in that scene if you felt that it was REALLY important.

Portrayal of the women in this film is especially stupid. There are 3 "main" women, Tessa, the Blonde daughter of our human hero, the Blonde Geologist, and the Asian Investor lady. (That's right, a nearly three hour film and I can only remember the name of one of them)

Tessa's boyfriend could have been eliminated from this film and nothing of substantial value would be lost. He contributes one skill - driving, that would be perfectly acceptable for Tessa to have instead. Which would make about a billion times more sense then that one time they have her shifting the car he is driving..... seriously the man needs her help shifting and he's a great driver. -.- This change would actually give Tessa more depth than "mostly helpless female that is the main female love interest" and frankly its a Michael Bay film... Eliminating the token love couple would actually be fine, no one expects in depth romance from Michael Bay. They expect action and explosions.

The Blonde Geologist and the Asian Investor Lady could just be rolled together. Blonde Geologist seems to appear and disappear from the film whenever its convenient. Sometimes with a reason, sometimes just out of the blue show up or disappear from the group. The "Conflicted, Egotistical Man" flirts casually with both of them, so the flirting with attractive women angle would still be covered. And once we make them the same character.. can we also not send "random elevator riding ninja skilled Chinese guy" out to save Asian Investor Lady? Let Asian Investor Lady handle her own business. Not all women need a white knight to charge into battle from the nearest elevator and come to their rescue. This is just poor writing. Just let her kick tail, she was doing a fine job.

0 Not allowed!
    Wow, Trill! lol I wish I saw the movie, because I'd love to read your response, but don't want any spoilers. ;P

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    The Grand Budapest Hotel...

It was good...but I don't know if I liked it (if that makes sense)...I wasn't feeling satisfied at the end...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    The Grand Budapest Hotel...

It was good...but I don't know if I liked it (if that makes sense)...I wasn't feeling satisfied at the end...
    Renting it this weekend. I like his stuff like Life Aquatic with Steve Zizou, the royal tannenbaums etc. looking forward to it. 😀
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

Awards Showcase

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 for playing the cory game - cm12setx Congrats on 3,900, they don't have kuhliis, LOL - Slaphppy7 cycled your river tank - cm12setx Congrats on 4,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Have a "bluegil" for passing 4,000! - steeler58 to coax you out of hiding - RiversGirl Thanks for playing - mommy1 for the nice gift - SeaLady After all that help I owe you a beer! - Richard Peche 
    Thanks! - Plecos Some more halloween candy for killing zombies - mommy1 TGIF - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 More candy for your candy bag - mommy1 
    Your candy bag is getting full. - mommy1 Thank you for playing all the games! I appreciate the support - mommy1 Congrats on 5000th post! - Plecos Here's to 5,000 posts :) - steeler58 Thanks for scouting--have a snack on me. - WhistlingBadger 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm usually way behind on movies so I'm sure this has been discussed before. Just saw Star Trek: Into Darkness. Really liked the movie, it was a lot of fun. The only thing I had a problem with is that I felt like Khan wasn't as focal a character as I would have liked him to be. It wasn't as much he took a back seat as more of the passenger seat.
    Increasing your biodiversity increases your stability.

You know what this tank needs? ........................ Crypts.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    I'm usually way behind on movies so I'm sure this has been discussed before. Just saw Star Trek: Into Darkness. Really liked the movie, it was a lot of fun. The only thing I had a problem with is that I felt like Khan wasn't as focal a character as I would have liked him to be. It wasn't as much he took a back seat as more of the passenger seat.
    Good call compass. I bought both new Star Trek movies and enjoyed them very much as well. The newer Khan really was "superior" in regards to the Ricardo Mantelban (Corinthian leather) Kahn so I liked the newer take on him more.
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)

0 Not allowed!
    Zen.... From iTunes TV

3 part series about a detective in Rome. Politics, religion etc make for a decent show.
    10G Fresh (Beta)

1 Not allowed!
    Well, I just saw 300: Rise of an Empire tonight. I know some people didn't like it much, but I loved it. Loved 300 and loved the sequel. That usually doesn't happen, but I really felt they stayed pretty true to the original and linked them narratively and visually. Thought they did a magnificent job.

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast