· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glass catfish

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Glass catfish are fun fish to have. Very interesting to watch.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Are they easy to feed? that was a thing that I heard was sometimes hard, they were said to be picky eaters
    My therapist says I need a bigger tank . . . . .

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I absolutely love my glass cats. I actually ended up with one on accident because the employee at the LFS accidentally put one in with some guppies that I bought and because they are so hard to see neither of us noticed until I went to put them into my aquarium. So I went back the next day and bought 4 more because I knew they needed to be in a school. I had the same worries as you because I had read some things about them being somewhat difficult, but so far I have had no problems. They seem to eat flakes just fine with the occasional treat of bloodworms and brine shrimp and they are growing and doing great! They were very shy at first and seemed to hide out alot but now they are out and about and really fun to watch. They are a really neat addition to my aquarium and I am happy to have them.
    Niki and Eric
    Proud owners of a 55 gallon fw aquarium, anglefish, black ghost knife, swordtail, gourami) as well as a 30 gallon fw aquarium (danios, neons, guppies, and glasscats)

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas Scottishfish - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas Douglas - Taurus Please enjoy this holiday hog! - Trillianne Have a super christmas! - Aeonflame Congrats on 1 year! - andreahp 
    Congrats on 1 year! - jeffs99dime Happy One-Year! - Rue Happy New Year! - ~firefly~ Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 No Message - 850R 
    Now THAT was a nice quiet beer... But now that we have had another... Let's go break stuff!! :-P - 850R Thanks for the rep/compliments! - mojosodope Thanks for the rep the other day, cheers - Cliff ...they go with snow, right? - ~firefly~ Thanks for the rep the other day - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Merry Christmas - KingFisher Happy New Year - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Aw fantastic! thats great to know then, I am pretty happy with me set up as it is, but in the future I would really love to get them! Thanks again

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i got 4 of these on wednesday and they seem a fun fish, have no probs with them takin flakes but gonna get them some other stuff on monday just to supplement there diet, i tend to find they hide alot when the light is on but come to life when the light is off, which is fun to watch. Women in pet shop said they would be fine with my ruby shark which i was abit dubious about but after the first few hours it just basically ignored them.

Awards Showcase

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds good to me, I think I will definately get them at somepoint in the future