· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Smile Megs 65g upgrade.

0 Not allowed!
    So, on boxing day i bought myself a 65g tank with a majesty stand. it looks pretty sharp in my opinion. This tank is an upgrade from my measley 29g, so im really stoked about it. right now my current stock is:
    6 diamond tetras
    2 male guppies
    3 male mollies
    2 male platys
    4 otos.

they all seem to be doing well, and they are now happily exploring their new tank. my filters are a penguin 350, and a rena xp3(being mailed to me right now).

eventually for my stock, i would want:

10 male guppies
    5 male mollies
    5 male platys
    6 otos
    8 rummynose tetras
    8 glowlight tetras
    11 diamond tetras
    maybe 1 mystery snail

as of now, my water parameters are 0/0/5, which is to be expected. when i changed over my tank, i just moved over the filter, so it still has all of its BB. I plan on doing 40% WC every 5ish days.

What do you think of my tank so far?
    -to ask a question, and question its answer, or to not ask, for the answer is waiting for you to find?
    65 g freshwater- 6 oto cats, 5 mollies, 5 platys, 10 guppys, 11 diamond tetras, 8 rummynose tetras, 8 glowlight tetras, and maybe a mystery snail
    5g betta tanks, and fry tanks

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sounds really cool. Congrats with the upgrade.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks
    -to ask a question, and question its answer, or to not ask, for the answer is waiting for you to find?
    65 g freshwater- 6 oto cats, 5 mollies, 5 platys, 10 guppys, 11 diamond tetras, 8 rummynose tetras, 8 glowlight tetras, and maybe a mystery snail

4. Default hi

0 Not allowed!
    grats on the upgrade. Sounds like you got the 'instant cycle" concept down pat. Stocking a new tank is a lot of fun; Choosing the fish you like, doing the research, meshing compatibilities, etc. I have a recently cycled tank, so I'm learning about stocking myself. I will be following your thread to see what you come up with.
    best of luck
    steve
    80 gal, planted community tank:the usual suspects:
    Fluval X/5 driving RUGF trays and an in-tank jet:
    Aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 281%.
    Recommended water change schedule: 35% per week.
    Your aquarium stocking level is 106%.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    so far so good. everyone is settling in nicley. this morning, i noticed that one of my guppies tail was shredded, he came up to eat very slowly, and then went back into hiding. im starting to worry that maybe the diamonds are bullying him. well, ill guess i will have to wait to see how that turns out.

my new xp3 should be here by the weekend, so thats pretty exciting. it'll be a nice upgrade from running just a penguin 350 on a 65g tank.

as far the the water params. go, everything seems pretty normal. 0/0/10 now. its good to see that the transpher went as smoothly as it did.

im starting to think that i might need a bigger heater though. the one that i have right now is 150 watts. im thinking that i will also get a 75 or 100 watt heater to go with it.

ive been looking at live, lowlight plants recently. the one that mainly catched my eye is the wisteria. has anyone had any luck with this plant?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    so today i did a 25% wc just because i felt like doing one. also, i went to petsmart, and ended up coming home with 2 mollies and 2 guppies

7. Default grats on the new fish )

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear it is going well. New fish are a joy, I just added some Kuhlii Loaches and a couple sharks (Bala and a Paradise) to my QT tank from the local pond shop (and fish store. we live out in the sticks) What kind of tank decor are you going with? I have chosen a stream setting with in tank current from a bottom jet and some Manzanita we found at a local hiking spot along the cliffs by the ocean nearby. I have plants and artificials both. If you work on a tank pic so will I. Look forward to keeping up on your progress, and sharing mine ;)
    80 gal, planted community tank:the usual suspects:
    Fluval X/5 driving RUGF trays and an in-tank jet:
    Aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 281%.
    Recommended water change schedule: 35% per week.
    Your aquarium stocking level is 106%.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the new upgrades would like to see some pics.
    29 gallon cichlid tank
    10 gallon kids livebearers tank
    5 gallon dirt planted tank

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have Wisteria in my 65 Gallon tank and it grows like crazy. I don't have a fancy set up or anything. Just adequate lighting, water changes and dose flourish excel and comprehensive in my tank a couple times a week and my plants do well.

Oh, congrats on your upgrade I love my 65 gallon tank except when I have to do regular maintainence at the bottom of the tank. It's pretty deep so I stand on a chair to make sure I can reach the bottom without leaning too much on the tank but I really love the visual look of this tank

Good Luck and keep us posted!
    10 Gallon: Planted Red Cherry Shrimp
    65 Gallon: Planted South American Community
    30 Gallon: Planted Bolivian Ram Tank

Reduce The Stress....Cycle Fishless!

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    ok, ill work on getting some pics, but first i have to find my camera!

It is quite a hassle trying to reach the bottom of my tank too, and its not like im short either (im 5'9)

so today i found one of my guppies just hovering near the gravel. his tail was shredded, and he was being chased around by the diamonds, so im assuming that they were bullying him. by the end of the day, he was barily breathing, so i did what i thought was best and put him down via ice water. its always sad when i have to do that. :(

other than that, everything and everyone seems to be settling in nicely. my sister even decided to name a guppie crayola, and one of the mollies sharpie.