· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default My new Corals :)

0 Not allowed!
    Hey guys so I got three new corals yesterday, I got a flame torch with yellowish tips, hynopora and a polyp colony- forgot name

Flame torch -$15

Hynopora- free

Polyp colony-20$

Blue lights on

I bought these for the blue polyps not the reg brown and green,

My only question Is should the hynopora belong at the top of my tank where the lights are brightist?

0 Not allowed!
    Nice corals!

The polyps are protopalythoa's, usually called paly's for short.

I'd recommend placing the hydnophora in the mid to upper level of your tank.

You may also want to place the hydnophora in an area tha is several inches (4"-5") away from any other corals. Hydnophora's are capable of casting stinging mesenterial filiaments which can dissolve pretty much any other coral; they're too close to your paly's.
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums

http://www.rowelab.com/AquaControlle...9&scope=last24

0 Not allowed!
    I really like your torch coral. Certainly one of my favorite coral

As for your hynopora, I would recommend a higher spot in your tank. As with most SPS, it will need higher light levels which you typically will not get placing them on the bottom of the tank and moderate water flow. From what I have read, they are one of the more hardier SPS.

As with all SPS, they need stable water parameters, including Cal, dKH, and Cal. You also need a stable temperature. Changing parameters will stress out the SPS and causing it to eventually die off.

Are they corals going in your 10 gallon tank ?
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys, yea after acclimation finished at 130am I was to tired to place them so they are at the bottom, I will move them tonight.

Cliff: they are in my 10g it's probably over stocked now :?, why do you ask? If push comes to shove then I could place them in my bigger tank in a Month or so

0 Not allowed!
    You will have to keep an eye on them and move them should they start to grow close to each other. The polyps can grow really fast and the torch can get really big. I keep forgetting you have a another tank which gives you options that are really nice to have.

I would suggest moving the SPS to the larger tank if it has strong lighting and good flow. In a 10 ten gallon tank you could run into difficulties maintaining stable water parameters that you would need for the SPS to thrive

Just a concern.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    A Hydno in a 10g? ummm... you will likely eventually have no other corals in your tank. They have a very strong sting, and tend to kill everything they can reach... and they can reach a long distance.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yes the hydno is no longer in the tank - i gave it to a friend, only becuase all my coral would open up when i took it out they all started to open again, i have no idea why, but i think i did the tank good.

0 Not allowed!
    good move.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown