· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie alert!

1. Talking Newbie alert!

0 Not allowed!
    I'm Anya (Anastasia) and I hate it when people don't know about the animal they have even after they've had it for a while (it's happened to me before). I have a horse, Wilma, a 13 year old bay Paint horse, who was abused and is a rescue, and I adopted her for free and board her for free at a stable under 2 minutes by car from my house! I'm lucky~
    I have a 10 year old Tibetan Terrier named Butch who is the coolest dog EVER and loves to run in the woods around my house with me and do "horse show jumping" in my backyard!
    My 2 kitties are Pumpkin, a superfat, short, small "barrelcat", around 7 years old, picked up as a stray a long time ago! She meows ALL THE TIME because she wants to be outside, but the last time that happened she got really sick from eating something (poison???) and the vet bill was about 1000 USD... -.-"
    There is a mosquito buzzing around my room, but I'm under my bedsheets and am too cozy to smush it, so when I wake up there'll be a million little bites on my face.
    Simon the Longcat is a black -with teeny white star on his chest- Bombey cat and he's 3 feet long, hence Longcat. I got him over the Summer when he showed up at my door, meowing his head off. He was so skinny I fed him cat food and fell in love with his declawed kneady/snuggliness. He's so cute :) He also drools when he kneads, lol.
    Angel is a blue budgie with white belly patches and black stripes on his head. I got him for Christmas of '08 because my beloved Cockatiel (RIP COOKIE) that I accidentally tamed when I was 4 died of mysterious illness. Angel is the sweetest little guy ever, and makes ridiculous noises where I suspect he's trying to mimic my speech but fails miserable and still looks adorable. He loves to sit on me and -poop- on my shoulders.
    Sky is an evil, slightly overweight white budgie with blue belly spots I got as a rescue in '09. My uncle got him from a teacher whose 5 year old son wasn't taking care of his bird (hmmm, I wonder why?? *sarcasm*) and he gave him to me because I love birds. Though she's sweet, when she sits on my hands she goes into random, jerky, twitchy biting fits and bites everything in sight.... usually tender fingers.
    Finally... MY FISH!
    This Summer I was begging for a fish, and my mother finally broke down and let me get a goldfish "if you take care of it yourself and I never have to put my hands in the tank". So one Summer day at Olive Garden when my family finished eating my Dad brought me to a Petstore where I expected to buy a perfectly adorable baby Fantail goldfish... but of course there were 5 or 6 white "fantails" (that's the store's label) that looked suspiciously fat and like Pearlscales. So I decided that because I wanted the cutest fish possible, and that Pearlscales are adorably fat and friendly, I bought the chubbiest white Pearlscale I could find. So she's albino, with blue eyes and kinda see-through skin, and the employee handled her a bit roughly, so the bottom of the tail fins are bent... BUT SHE'S SO CUTE!!!
    I kept her in a 1 gallon tank for a week because there was a giant mystery crack in my 10 gallon tank. So I got the tank, added pebbles, rocks, filters, airstones, plants, etc, etc. She looked so tiny but now she's 2 inches long including her tail, and fatter than ever.
    So one day at Pet Supplies Plus I was looking at the Black Moor tank (the fish I wanted to add to my aquarium) and they were the VERY SAME Moors that had been with my little Pearl when I bought her! They had grown a bit, too. So I looked for the most pathetic one (the pity purchase...), which was not hard to find, seeing as he had shredded fins and his belly was only 1/4 inch wide... I bought him along with a Blue Mystery Snail.
    So Houston lives with Pearl, and he's about 1/2 inch bigger than her now. His belly is nearly double the size too because I pity his poor eyesight and feed him pellets and flakes by hand.
    So right now they're nibbling on the Anacharis (feeding time soon) and looking adorable as usual. Also, I've heard that Moors are more "obnoxious" and playful than most goldfish. I often see him following Pearl around and nudging at her rear. Pearl can swim surprisingly fast, and she makes no effort to go away. He doesn't nibble at her, just bump her. It's kinda cute. They never fought when I introduced them. What kinda behavior is this??
    Anyway, when I find a reasonably priced 30 gallon tank (Craigslist is that place) I'll buy it and "relocate" my fishies so they can grow from nursery to mansion.

Now that you have read my painfully descriptive "hello" you can say HI to me xD
    Thanks for reading it, though

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I'm new too, but welcome all the same! I also have multiple pet (and tank) syndrome; be careful it becomes an addiction! I often wonder if it wouldn't be cheaper to go back to drinkin'. Just kidding.

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Northernguy A recruit for your piggy army - MuckyFish Piggy Sentry for your Piggy Army hopefully they help you not lose brakes. - MuckyFish beer for the birthday boy - Lady Hobbs For it’s medicinal properties, cheers and get well soon - Cliff 
    thank you - Indian Woods Angels Hammy Holidays to you! - Trillianne Have a great christmas gadget - Cliff Have a Christmas coral - Aeonflame Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    For the birthday thread. Thanks. - Strider199 Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year! - Rue Here comes the holiday swine, who hopes your holidays were divine! - Trillianne 
    Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thank you! Second round is on me : ) - mommy1 Thanks for spicing up the ban game! - pRED 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - gadget228 Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - gadget228 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gadget228 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - gadget228 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus -  Animal Cruelty - gadget228 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - gadget228 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - gadget228 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gadget228 

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC...
    You're getting old when you get the same sensation from a rocking chair that you once got from a roller coaster.

0 Not allowed!
    Hello and welcome to the forum, Anya!

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hello and welcome !

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the AC
    Empty 125g sitting in my shed
    55g Freshwater Tropical Community
    29g Convict Fry Growout Tank
    10g Freshwater Planted Tropical Community
    5g Freshwater Planted Dirt
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the aC
    PaMeLa
    5 gallon/6.5 gallon/29 gallon/37 gallon/ 55 gallon {and a 20 gallon in my office!}

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome aboard and Merry Christmas

Since Moors can grow to 10", I would be looking into a tank even larger than a 30 gallon. Check my signature links for goldfish growth sizes.

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome.
    75 gallon planted
    5 gallon planted betta
    Lack of planning on your part doesn't justify an emergency on my part.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    welcome to the site.
    get-r-dun