· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, today is a good morning! I walk up to the tank to turn the lights on and all my fish (minus the convict) come to the front of the tank and start begging for food. I seriously need to get that Convict out of there, he ripped my Angels fins again! I'm trying to sell him because my LFS said they aren't taking any fish now, I originally bought him there and just want to get rid of him.

On the bad news, the tank still have a "white cloud" to it so I'm guessing that's all the beneficial bacteria rebuilding itself after I took a portion out of out yesterday during amateur hour
    Empty 125g sitting in my shed
    55g Freshwater Tropical Community
    29g Convict Fry Growout Tank
    10g Freshwater Planted Tropical Community
    5g Freshwater Planted Dirt
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanisHawttt
    So far everyone is acting normal. I'm going to test the parameters tomorrow and monitor it for a few days. How many days do you suggest I watch it until it's back to "normal" Cliff? Thanks everyone!
    I would suggest daily for the next 5 to 7 days

The reason being is that it is hard to tell just how much BB was effected and how the remaining will handle the lower bio load that you now have.

A few weeks/months back I lost at least some of BB (and almost all of my tetras) when my heater stuck on a darn near boiled the tank. This had also killed off some of the BB in the filters. I had a ammonia spike that started two days later and lasted for 4 or 5 days (can't remember the exact length).

I little extra testing for around a week should be enough, better safe than sorry
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    True, alright I'll keep a close eye on the tank for the next week. Thanks Cliff. I hope this ammonia spike isn't too crazy, I don't mind doing waterchanges the next few days. I should probably replant all my plants so if I do have an ammonia spike (or should I say, when I do) it'll help absorb some of the ammonia.

I might go get some Seachem Stability just to help the bb until it restores itself. Thanks again for the help Cliff!
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I got some Stability (put the recommended amount in earlier) and I'm about to go check the tank now and see how it looks...

Everyone is hiding but then again, I guess it is "night-time" for the fish and they are all resting. I'll test the water in the morning and see what the results are. If they aren't looking too good, I'll do a big water change to help get things under control.

The "limb" coming out of the bottom of the tank, I plan on wrapping some of my Java Moss around it and adding a small powerhead to add enough flow just to keep debris out of the moss.
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Everyone made it through my careless mistake and my bacteria colony recovered. Whew. I never got around to putting that moss one... I may decide to get some Riccia and tie it to the limb. It's been a while since I posted a picture, so here y'all go!

FTS:

My Ludwigia Repens looks like it's finally growing. The Aponogeton Natans is finally out of it's dormancy, growing like a weed. The tank also has 4 filters running on it Tetra Ex 70, Aquatech 30-60, Eheim 2213-17, and a Fluval 404
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, it seems people just like to read this thread and look at the pictures. Honestly, if you're not going to post please don't bother reading my thread. I'm trying to converse with people and get feedback so I can better my tank's appearance and all I'm getting is crickets. [/rant]

This was the final straw, I finally decided to ice the male Convict in my 55g (2/2/12):

Here's what the tank looked like after he was iced (2/7/12):

Decided while I was home for the weekend to opt out of Rummynose and get some Rasbora Hets, 12 to be exact (2/11/12):

After adding a Red Tiger Lotus (left side) and a few more clumps of Ludwigia Repens (3 to be exact) here's a FTS (2/12/12):

Here's what my tanks stocking looks like at this time:
    • 2 Angels
    • 12 Rasbora Hets
    • 2 Female Guppies
    • 1 Australian Rainbow
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry about your angel.
    125g - 6 Zig Zag Rainbows, 6 Turquoise Rainbows, 6 Boesmani Rainbows, 5 otos, 6 corys

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It's alright, he was the big male of the tank and he and the convict would go at it sometimes. I guess the Convict was just too strong, a reason why I don't mess with Cichlids in the first place (South American cichlids are classified in my book as community fish).
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Your tank looks really nice. I am sorry about your fish :(
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, it's looking a lot better than it was with fake plants LOL. So there's progress!

I can't wait til my Amazon Sword grows to it's relatively max size, it'll be nice and I'll probably have to move some plants around but that's fine with me
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank