· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Dylan's 55g Planted Aquarium

0 Not allowed!
    Hey everyone! After having great success with my 10g (see HERE) I've decided to turn my 55g into a planted tank! The stocking isn't exactly the best so please don't give me too much hate for it (if it's not broken, don't fix it). My stocking is as follows:

3 Angelfish
    1 Silver Dollar
    1 Male Convict Cichlid
    3 Female Guppies
    7 Australian Rainbows
    1 Syndontis Catfish (not exactly sure on which type it is for sure)

But I've decided that once my Convict Fry in my 29g get big enough to sell, I'm going to move my Rainbows, Guppies, and Silver Dollar over to the 29g so they don't stress the Angels out too much. I'd like to get a big school of Corys along with my Angelfish because I absolutely LOVE Corys!

Well, now that you know a little about my tank, let's get started with some pictures because I mean, who doesn't want to see the pictures right?

Here's the tank with fake plants and driftwood (except 2 pieces of real driftwood):

When I was out looking for driftwood yesterday, I managed to find a sweet piece:

Here's all the plants acclimating in the 55g:

Here's the new T5 lighting I'm getting for Christmas (mom said to plug it in and see if it worked before Christmas morning LOL):
    Last edited by DylanisHawttt; 12-15-2011 at 05:22 PM.
    Empty 125g sitting in my shed
    55g Freshwater Tropical Community
    29g Convict Fry Growout Tank
    10g Freshwater Planted Tropical Community
    5g Freshwater Planted Dirt
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here's all the plants that I got for my tank (Clockwise from top left, first towel - Crypt. Red Wendti, Crypt. Undulata, Crypt. Spiralis. Next towel - Red Rubin Sword, Jungle Val (a little one is between the Rubin's leaves), Amazon Sword, Anubias Nana, Watersprite, Aponogeton Natans (runner):

Here's the tank with everything taken out of it (I plan on planting tonight after baseball practice, sorry for the glare!):

I'll be sure to update with tons of photos!
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Does anyone know what kind of Catfish this is? I've had him/her since I inherited the tank in August:

Here's what the tank looks like planted with everything. It still looks extremely empty. Christmas needs to hurry up and get here for my lights :
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That my friend would be a syno cat, I'm sure someone will narrow it down further for ya. And good work so far
    60gal Community Planted
    12gal Quarantine

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I thought it was some kind of Syno Cat but I wasn't sure as to which type it was exactly. Thanks for the verification and compliment!

Still waiting on my 6+ stems of Ludwigia Repens to come in from Aquabid. I just hope everything survives until Christmas when I throw my T5 on.
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I decided to opt for 4 bags of Floramax which is currently in my 10g and I love the stuff! I couldn't get 5 bags of the Midnight color so I went for 4 bags of original. They should help my plants out a ton.

My bunch of Ludwigia Repens came yesterday, pretty stoked about that as well. Pictures to come tomorrow after I swap the substrate.
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

Awards Showcase

You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985 For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75 Its good to have company - smaug Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    For the cards - William An Apple For Teaching Grad!  Congrats! - MeganL3985 You deserve to let yourself go for all the hard work you did to graduate!!! - Bolivian Ram Here's an apple for the teacher, great job Ellen - sailor A koi, because they love being in a school!! - smaug 
    Congrats on the job - sailor congrats on the job ! - Algenco For getting your teaching job - snipers_den Welcome back! - fins_n_fur merry xmas - smaug 
    For the new tank - Northernguy Way to go! DIY Stand. - Northernguy My condolances to you and your family. - Mith Good Luck, thanks for the rep! - Wild Turkey I thought you might like a Frontosa. - Brookfish 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Looking good!! Your plants will fill out.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I hope they do! I really want my Vals and my Swords to go absolutely nuts. The Spiralis can go crazy as well
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I'm pretty ticked right now. I started doing the gravel switch at 11 am this morning and when 1:15 rolled around I had to go pick my brother up. I stopped everything I was doing (already had the new substrate in by now) and tossed a thermometer into the bucket that had my Angels, rainbows, and guppies. I only had 1 thermometer and by the time I got home from picking my brother up (1:30) I had to go get my sister from middle school (1:50). Don't get home until 2:10ish and I start filling the tank up where I left off. I didn't realize until 3:15 (when I was supposed to get my younger sister by) that I forgot to go get her.

Then here comes my rookie mistake...

I filled the tank up with water and completely forgot to add dechlorinator.

So my stock went from 3 Angels, 3 Guppies, 7 Australian Rainbows, 1 Syno Cat, and 1 Male Convict to 3 Angels, 3 Guppies, 2 Rainbows and my Male Convict. I'm so glad I wiped half my tank out. I just love my life right now [/sarcasm].

So here's my rant for the day. Pictures up sometime later.
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Make that 1 Rainbow left. Awesome dude.