· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Thread: hard water

1. Unhappy hard water

0 Not allowed!
    i currently have guppies in a 55 gallon aquarium and would like to add a school of neon tetras however my water is very hard.
    300 ppm gh
    ph is 8.3
    kh 200
    nitrite .2
    nitrate 40
    is this okay if not can i safely fix the water for tetras thanks for the help.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    if i cant have neons any suggestions for small colorful community tankmates?
    i want a little variety if necesary some guppies can relocate to established tanks.

0 Not allowed!
    Well...I have very hard water, and I keep Neons. From what I understand, they acclimate to harder water conditions. They likely wouldn't breed in hard water, but they live just fine...at least mine have for almost a year.
    10 Gallon FW with Male Betta, 1 male Endler, and 5 Zebra Danios, 100 Gallon with Sevs, Acaras, Parrots and Loaches.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...

0 Not allowed!
    All my fish are in hard water including neons. Never lose any so guess they don't mind too badly.

0 Not allowed!
    I've found that community fish don't care so much about that - so long as its nice and clean & changed often
    Go ahead - try to count my Bumblebee Gobies!

72 Gallon Bowfront
    Angel, Sharks, Tetras, Fire Eel
    30 Gallon
    African Butterfly, Violet Goby, Tetras, Danios
    30 Gallon
    Clown Loaches, Neons, BumbleBee Gobies, Tetras
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

Buy another angelfish - hobbs just want to say i love u - paulie A forum treasure - hobbs here's some ice cream.  i couldn't find any snow on the list.  maybe you'll get a blizzard now, huh?  lol - jeffs99dime ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LOL - Lady Hobbs 
    ~*For The Bride To Be*~ :) Have Fun w/ the Planning!! - MeganL3985 *Get Well Soon Girl !* - MeganL3985 For Tequila - Nick_Pavlovski For your loss - Kuli_Loach I'm So Sorry....Don't Give Up! Hang In There Hun!! @-->--- - MeganL3985 
    for some good luck! - cocoa_pleco I have a blast talking to you! - Kuli_Loach milk and cookies, no. milk and slushies, YES! - cocoa_pleco Apple a day... - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks For Your Support Girl! - MeganL3985 
    You're cool!! - SkarloeysMom Here's To A Good Friend. I Haven't Forgot About Ya! :) - MeganL3985 Welcome Back! - Tolley To replace the one I gave to your alter ego!Welcome back. - smaug Ribbit!! From the frogman,dont leave again. - smaug 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - PauliesAquaQueen Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - PauliesAquaQueen Gay and Lesbian Pride - **AquaQueen** 

0 Not allowed!
    Same here with mine. Just give it a try start out with four then after they do good for a month add four more or however many you want. They are sensitive but as long as it's clean and water conditions are not all out of whack they should be fine. Good Luck with them.
    Bonnie & the Gang

Keep your Arms Wet and your Fingers Pruned

Check out my Photo's of all my fish and tanks. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/Boo222_photos/

Where Bird Lovers Gather
    http://www.tailfeathersnetwork.com/

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Just as an extra precaution acclimate them longer....if hobbs says she does it than anyone can do it. She just throws her fish right out of the bag into the water!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by zackish
    Just as an extra precaution acclimate them longer....if hobbs says she does it than anyone can do it. She just throws her fish right out of the bag into the water!
    Thats what I hear as well. A few more you might look at is glowlights, and cardinals, I love the cardinals.
    New chatroom!

Awards Showcase

Buy another angelfish - hobbs just want to say i love u - paulie A forum treasure - hobbs here's some ice cream.  i couldn't find any snow on the list.  maybe you'll get a blizzard now, huh?  lol - jeffs99dime ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LOL - Lady Hobbs 
    ~*For The Bride To Be*~ :) Have Fun w/ the Planning!! - MeganL3985 *Get Well Soon Girl !* - MeganL3985 For Tequila - Nick_Pavlovski For your loss - Kuli_Loach I'm So Sorry....Don't Give Up! Hang In There Hun!! @-->--- - MeganL3985 
    for some good luck! - cocoa_pleco I have a blast talking to you! - Kuli_Loach milk and cookies, no. milk and slushies, YES! - cocoa_pleco Apple a day... - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks For Your Support Girl! - MeganL3985 
    You're cool!! - SkarloeysMom Here's To A Good Friend. I Haven't Forgot About Ya! :) - MeganL3985 Welcome Back! - Tolley To replace the one I gave to your alter ego!Welcome back. - smaug Ribbit!! From the frogman,dont leave again. - smaug 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - PauliesAquaQueen Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - PauliesAquaQueen Gay and Lesbian Pride - **AquaQueen** 

0 Not allowed!
    Hey just to add another fish in the mix, I bought some white clouds yesterday and from what I hear they are easier to care for then neon's are. They are pretty little fishes.... plus they will add some of the color you wanted.
    Bonnie & the Gang

Keep your Arms Wet and your Fingers Pruned

Check out my Photo's of all my fish and tanks. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/Boo222_photos/

Where Bird Lovers Gather
    http://www.tailfeathersnetwork.com/