· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

Default Problems with my anubias

0 Not allowed!
    I bought the most lovely anubias last month. Lots of bright green roots and big pretty leaves. Within a couple weeks of having them, I started to see leaves floating only to find the rhizome had rotted in areas. Cut off the dead stuff and put back in the tank. Now the roots are turning to mush and I've lost at least 14 huge leaves.

First I had them in the 55 with the Nova light and thought perhaps they were getting too much light so moved them into another 55 with a shop light with grow lights. Rotting continues. These are the nicest anubias I've ever had and would like to save them! All that has been added is my normal Prime during water changes and my Flourish Comprehensive once a week. They were all anchored to wood with thread.

Now in my other tank, a 29 gallon, my anubias is doing great "stapled" to wood, been bleach dipped numerous times in the last couple of years and also getting once a week fertilizing and Prime. I just wonder if my new ones had somehow suffered shock of some kind.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe your water conditions are radically different and they need to adjust. It does sound odd, but something in your water has to be different than the water they came from.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1   Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1   lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Well Hobbs... I've seen photos... you seem to know what you are doing when it comes to plants. The only thing I've read on anubias turing mushy had to do with how they were cut.... where someone clipped theirs with a less than sharp pair of shears and smashed them a bit rather than a sharp even cut. But since you cut back the rotting bits, I would have thought you'd gotten beyond that type of issue.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Actually, several of my plants suddenly look pretty crappy. Every time I use ferts, I end up with BBA so don't fertilize much anymore. I got some hairgrass last month and tossed it last night. Also ripped out a ton of crypt spirals that have always done great but now also look rough. Not sure why so many plants suddenly look so bad. But of all my plants, I wanted these anubias the most. grrrrr

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Problem, Have A Gift Yourself! :) - MCHRKiller   You like horses and kids movies you must be a kindred spirit - Owlbehere   Anotherone for a great tank - Cliff   It goes round and round and round...  : ) - gadget228   It's a Thanksgiving bunny. - gadget228   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - AmyLynn   

0 Not allowed!
    Have you tried adding extra Nitrogen and/or Iron?
    75 gallon planted
    5 gallon planted betta
    Lack of planning on your part doesn't justify an emergency on my part.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I have iron I could add but not sure why they all look so crummy after being cared for the same all this time. My 29 looks great but not my 55 for sure.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Problem, Have A Gift Yourself! :) - MCHRKiller   You like horses and kids movies you must be a kindred spirit - Owlbehere   Anotherone for a great tank - Cliff   It goes round and round and round...  : ) - gadget228   It's a Thanksgiving bunny. - gadget228   

0 Not allowed!
    How long has it been since you changed the bulbs in your fixture? Mine were all starting to look crappy and all of a sudden I realized that my bulbs were over a year old. LOL
    75 gallon planted
    5 gallon planted betta

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Well dang it then...
    75 gallon planted
    5 gallon planted betta

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't know what your setup is or a whole lot about planting, but the LFS told me that harsh tap water can kill plants.