· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Question fish compatibality question

0 Not allowed!
    been looking into getting another, larger tank. my question is, can i put electric yellow and demasoni cichlids together? and if not can i put electric yellow and electric blue ones together?

haven't really decided on a tank size, however it will be large enough to accommodate the fish

thanks

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    When kept with enough demasoni they should work out. From my understanding you will need to keep the demasoni in a large group of 12+ fish. I have seen tanks with the yellow labs and demasoni and they are very nice looking.

As for tank size I would recommend at least a 55gal tank.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to the above.

Also with yellow labs, stocking a 1m to 3-4 females will help with aggression too.
    55 is also the bare minimum.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid
    ~Albert Einstein

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    so am i gonna need to put 12 of each fish in a 55g minimum tank? or just at least 12 of the demasoni and like 4-5 of the yellows?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    12 demasoni and 4-5 labs.
    Everyone is a genius,
    ~Albert Einstein

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    my standard advice when talking 55 gal tanks and mbuna:

google "cookie cutter" set ups, you will have a nicer tank than whats been mentioned so far...
    20gal long planted community

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It's all personal preference.
    I think Yellow Labs and Demasoni would be an awesome looking tank!!
    Everyone is a genius,
    ~Albert Einstein

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    When it comes to mbuna in a 55gal tank you are going to want about 16 fish total and alot of rockwork. A good lfs that will let you trade in any extra males is very helpful.

here is a link to some cookie cutter ideals [URL="http://http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/cookie_cutter_55g.php for some other ideals

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i googled cookie cutter and didn't find too many links about the aquarium scene, more baking products than fish.

and i'm guessing when you guys say labs you are referring to the electric yellow cichlids?

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    well, you do need to enter cichlids in the search as well
    "cookie cutter cichlids" or "cookie cutter 55gal set ups"
    Deathtroll also posted a link to the same site.
    20gal long planted community