· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default How Many Africans To A 40 Gallon

0 Not allowed!
    I have 2 Africans as of now that I can get and put into a 40 Gallon but Im not sure if that is big enough, and I may only be getting one depending on what kind of response I get from the forum. I am hoping both would be possible but if not then I will just go with one and be happy. Im not new to fish but I am new too Africans kind of. Please Help if You can.

Awards Showcase

This is the closest I could find to a vampire, LMAO - Cliff Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    sorry about your angelfish - smaug Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R 
    I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    You'll have to tell us what kind of Africans you have. 40gal likely is not really big enough, but it depends on what you have.
    Shellies would be quite happy in a 40.
    20gal long planted community

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry I have 1 Red Zebra and a Blue Johanni

0 Not allowed!
    Mbuna's such as red zebra's and johanni's are best kept in a tank that is at least 48" diameter (55gal minimum, 75gal+ preferrable). Smaller tanks have a way of increasing aggression in a tank (it's quite easy for a hyperdominant alpha male to claim much if not all of a small tank as it's exclusive territory).

A 40gal would work well for juveniles for awhile, and a 40gal breeder might even work for the very least aggressive of mbuna species.

In the smallest of suggested mbuna tank sizes, a 55gal, you could stock a minimum of 8-10, or overstock to double those numbers.

Keeping less than 8 can cause aggression to elevate, and overstocking (while minimizing overall aggression) will require additional aquarium husbandry.
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums

http://www.rowelab.com/AquaControlle...9&scope=last24