· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catfish

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    While, yes, madtoms are great for smaller tanks since many never get over 5'', I'm afraid ChunkyLover will not be able to get these imported into the UK. While some North American fish have been introduced there, I doubt any of them are suitable for a 35L tank.

I wonder if something like a few corys would interest you. I may be wrong, but I think there are some cories that do just fine in unheated tanks (remember, unheated tanks is not the same thing as cold water tanks). The only problem is that they need to be in groups. I fear you may be in a pickle and you choice of bottom feeders is quite limited in a tank that size... Sorry
    Support your local ichthyofauna - buy a fishing license!

2. Default Paleatus

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleWillie
    I wonder if something like a few corys would interest you. I may be wrong, but I think there are some cories that do just fine in unheated tanks (remember, unheated tanks is not the same thing as cold water tanks). The only problem is that they need to be in groups. I fear you may be in a pickle and you choice of bottom feeders is quite limited in a tank that size... Sorry
    Agreed. Corydoras paleatus, which is quite common, supposedly does well down to 59F. (You didn't define coldwater, so I'm just guessing.) You might do some research in the Cat-e-og at www.planetcatfish.com. It looks like there are about 10 catfish that have a similar temperature range.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well i found a catfish not sure on type,he grows to about 5 cm and has settled in great already had a name picked for him,missus called him felix as in felix the cat.

0 Not allowed!
    Those should be in a school of at least 5 and do not belong in a 35 liter tank
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    + 1 to Aeon, You are not going to see anything approaching their natural behavior when kept solo.

What temp is this tank?
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    +2. That will be a very unhappy fish kept solo.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

0 Not allowed!
    Also, while it may be controversial... ime, cories are very active fish that need more floor space than a ten gallon tank can offer
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff