· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Flame Firefish not eating?

0 Not allowed!
    Hello.
    Yesterday, i just got my Flame Firefish out of QT because he seems healthy. I have him in a 29 gallon biocube with two previously established false perc clowns. I am slightly concerned because he is not eating. The clowns picked at him a little, but then just ignored him. there seems to be no health problems, clear fins, eyes, good color etc. I even tried spot feeding, and he still would not eat. I have tried to spot feed him and nothing works. I am feeding him frozen brine shrimp and some pellets. help? Thanks.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How long wa he in qt,was he eating there,are the water params exactly the same and does he have places he can hide 80% of the time as they do not like being out in the open when acclimating.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He was in QT for a couple of weeks. Oh well Nitrates, 0 niterate: 0 Ammonia: 0 salinity 1.024. Yeah, he has found some awesome places to hide, i couldnt even find him for like ten minutes. lol

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Was he eating in qt and are the water conditions the same between qt and the tank he is in now were the questions. If he was eating in qt and the params match then he is just nervous and will soon eat. They are naturally skittish unitl they are used to the tank then they will be out all the time.

0 Not allowed!
    Agreed. It's a move, and that makes them skittish for a little while. Firefish are naturally skittish anyway, and a move from one environment to another will always exacerbate the issue. Give him a day or so.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yes. and yes. Thats what i have read. SHould i be concerned about the clowns picking on him?

0 Not allowed!
    If they stopped, then no. Just keep an eye on him. Clowns can be somewhat aggressive towards newcomers at times, especially passive fish like Firefish.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    he has been eating, (he ate 6 frozen mysis shrimp today!) and seems to be more out in the open. Thanks, i was a little worried about him! :)

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    He will be out in the open most of the time soon.