· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Good idea with running the 110 early in the 30. That's what ill do then. And my bleeding heart will go back to the store and be added to those bleeding hearts there, and the danios i will find a store that stocks them and give them away as well. I never wanted them anyway. They came with the goldfish and black tetra and my original single bloodfin that all came with the tank, so i never knew most of them even were schooling fish until about 5 months ago when i finally figured out what they were. Then bloodfin school will triple, neon will get a school, guppy will get mates, and loaches will get a school. :) Now ill be back in a few months when im ready to go get this tank finally.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

0 Not allowed!
    I had a long reply typed out, But I will +1 to LH instead.

Her point is one you should consider seriously.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

0 Not allowed!
    If you are truely interested in correcting years of bad fishkeeping, then you will not stock as you have listed in your post and you will keep tropical fish in warm tanks and goldfish in cold water tanks.......as they should be.

Why not put the goldfish in the 75 and get a few of these other fish for the 30 gallon? And do not get schooling fish if you have no intention of getting others so they can school.

Take care of the fish you already have and stop buying more and more of them. That goldfish will need more than 40 gallons. Start by getting him the tank he needs first.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    I had a long reply typed out, But I will +1 to LH instead.

Her point is one you should consider seriously.
    Even tho my poster now ended below yours? LOL

Gez......that stocking sent me into a tail spin of typing errors!

Talking It's a fact ;-D

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs

Gez......that stocking sent me into a tail spin of typing errors!
    I am just ahead of my time baby, Catch me if you can.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    found a home for the danios with someone who has zebra danios, which from what ive seen around here is as close to my long-finned blues that anybody's going to get. And grandma has agreed to give the bleeding heart back to the store. Step one: remove unwanted fish - taken care of. :) Next time i go to store Crunch will come with to be returned and get a new school of friends in the store. The person with the danios wont take them until March though, so that is only half done...
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

Awards Showcase

You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985 For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75 Its good to have company - smaug Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    For the cards - William An Apple For Teaching Grad!  Congrats! - MeganL3985 You deserve to let yourself go for all the hard work you did to graduate!!! - Bolivian Ram Here's an apple for the teacher, great job Ellen - sailor A koi, because they love being in a school!! - smaug 
    Congrats on the job - sailor congrats on the job ! - Algenco For getting your teaching job - snipers_den Welcome back! - fins_n_fur merry xmas - smaug 
    For the new tank - Northernguy Way to go! DIY Stand. - Northernguy My condolances to you and your family. - Mith Good Luck, thanks for the rep! - Wild Turkey I thought you might like a Frontosa. - Brookfish 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    lol! I was wondering what he was talking about!!!!

I ditto the need to either up the schools of fish or completely rethink the stocking. You want to start your dream tank out right!

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I still dont understand what schools we are talking about that arent upped? Pretend the danios and the bleeding heart arent there, because they wont be. Now what do i have left thats not in a school that needs one, and i will fix it?
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekfishlover2011
    I was on thatpetplace.com looking at price estimates for my dream 75gal tank the other day, and found the tank, glass canopy, stand, gravel, new filter, new ornaments, some new fish, and a few live plants and the background for $475. i figure ill get it after income tax. Or get it used from Florida at my grandmas friend's house. Ill probably end up buying my new one....
    I would keep your eyes on Craigslist as well. That where I got my 75g from. Stand, tank a nice ZooMed t5 light and some misc stuff for $150. Sold my 55 for $100 and selling the light tonight for $50. I've just made my money back.
    75 gallon planted
    5 gallon planted betta
    Lack of planning on your part doesn't justify an emergency on my part.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    wow. yea i might actually be able to get one for free from my grandmas friend in Orlando, Florida instead, but all we have is a chevy cruze, which isnt a really big car, so im not sure if thats gonna work. And im told the seals can get weak from shifting for almost 1000 miles of driving...
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything