· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

Default how easy is it to breed ghost shrimp?

0 Not allowed!
    how do you breed ghost shrimp...and how long does it take?...is there a better species for speed?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Ghost shrimp are generally impossible to breed successfully in aquariums. There are dozens (or more) different species sold as "ghost shrimp", and most require salt or brackish water for the larvae, then a gradual transition to fresh. There are a few species that will breed in fresh water, but the larvae are still very difficult to raise in any numbers, and the adults will eat them.
    There are a good variety of easier species to breed, cherry and crystal red shrimp are the most common ones. Their offspring are miniature adults, no larval stages to deal with, and they don't eat their young.

^^^Please click the eggs/dragons, thanks...^^

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by toddnbecka
    Ghost shrimp are generally impossible to breed successfully in aquariums. There are dozens (or more) different species sold as "ghost shrimp", and most require salt or brackish water for the larvae, then a gradual transition to fresh. There are a few species that will breed in fresh water, but the larvae are still very difficult to raise in any numbers, and the adults will eat them.
    There are a good variety of easier species to breed, cherry and crystal red shrimp are the most common ones. Their offspring are miniature adults, no larval stages to deal with, and they don't eat their young.
    cherry shrimp ive heard of...but i never ever see any in stock....

do you know if they would survive in a tank with red crabs?

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by toddnbecka

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by free3tbz

Most shrimp end up as food for other inhabitants of fish tanks. About the only fish I've safely kept shrimp with are otocinclus and small rasboras that are less an inch in size. Red cherry shrimp are fairly easy to find, and usually sell for a dollar each. You can usually find someone in the classified section over on plantedtank.net forum selling some.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by korith
    Most shrimp end up as food for other inhabitants of fish tanks. About the only fish I've safely kept shrimp with are otocinclus and small rasboras that are less an inch in size. Red cherry shrimp are fairly easy to find, and usually sell for a dollar each. You can usually find someone in the classified section over on plantedtank.net forum selling some.
    how do they ship? and do they ship to canada?

im basically looking for an easy food source for my predatory fish... how quickly do they breed?...do yoou need a male and a female..?

so many questions

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No wonder your m doesn't work! Here is some more to replace what you sloshed. - mommy1   Bunny pest control penquin. - mommy1   I severely underestimated her stupidity... which was stupid of me! - Honey Badger 1   Well, from where I am sittin' it is good to have you back man! Have one on me. - Honey Badger 1   Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 850R   

Lightbulb

0 Not allowed!

im basically looking for an easy food source for my predatory fish... how quickly do they breed?...do yoou need a male and a female..?

so many questions
    All those questions [& more] easily answered here with no waiting around for the answer.
    Last edited by Goes to 11!; 11-11-2011 at 09:39 PM.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    All those questions [& more] easily answered here with no waiting around for the answer.
    thought you guys might want to actually help...thanks

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No wonder your m doesn't work! Here is some more to replace what you sloshed. - mommy1   Bunny pest control penquin. - mommy1   I severely underestimated her stupidity... which was stupid of me! - Honey Badger 1   Well, from where I am sittin' it is good to have you back man! Have one on me. - Honey Badger 1   Thanks for the rep :-) - ~firefly~   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 850R   

Lightbulb LOL - Do you want to be handed fish? Or, Do you want to learn to fish?

0 Not allowed!
    thought you guys might want to actually help...thanks
    [I don't know what group of people you are referring to since you only quoted me.. Moving on]

Considering the pace at which you are posting I doubt anyone could possibly keep up so I was simply pointing out something I thought should be pretty obvious.

It's quicker to pro-actively seek answers from multiple sources rather than to passively sit and wait for them to be delivered. Try it and see.
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 850R
    [I don't know what group of people you are referring to since you only quoted me.. Moving on]

Considering the pace at which you are posting I doubt anyone could possibly keep up so I was simply pointing out something I thought should be pretty obvious.

It's quicker to pro-actively seek answers from multiple sources rather than to passively sit and wait for them to be delivered. Try it and see.
    im sorry the boards are so quiet i wont bore you guys anymore