· Pond Fish
· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Talking Complete re-do of the main tank!

0 Not allowed!
    My friend offered me a sunken ship ornament for when i upgrade in March to a 75gal. Its HUGE!!! 15 inches long, 10inches high at highest part, 6 inches wide. My tanks only 30x14x20. I got it friday and was going to wait until my upgrade but decided my tanks been same setup fro about 6 months, lets get a new one. Here are the daylight pictures of how it looked when i was done. Excuse the cloudy water, i had to dig out half the tanks gravel, which caused some severe clouding.

Front tank view. Very large ornament takes up half of tank.

Rear view of ship. Its hollow and has lots of holes, so all my fish can fit in, even my goldfish can fit through about 80% of the holes.

Other side of tank. I wanted to show the front of the ship. Also here you see that i heavily planted this half of the tank and gave it a purely natural look, except for my beloved anchor that is behind my driftwood.

It took several hours to figure out this next part - nighttime coolness factor. A ghostly sunken ship needs a ghostly light at night! I have a blue LED light-up bubble wand. I decided if i stuck that in the ship, it would glow awesome. I was right. Much easier said than done though.

Here we see the glow. Nice.

The smaller fish (tetras and mollies) seem to be attracted to the light (safety factor i guess) and all 10 of them jammed in there the first few times i turned it on. But not this time. Here you can see the wire and the tubing to the wand. I had to attempt to squeeze the wand through the holes. And then if that wasnt hard enough i had to suction cup it to the glass bottom under the heavy ship. So hard...

So now this will be the new setup until March when i get a tank it actually fits in! :D I cant wait. Then maybe i will be able to bring back my other ornaments i had to store elsewhere.
    10gal Betta Tank - Skye the crowntail and Squiggles the deformed albino cory
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Is your background Hogwarts?

0 Not allowed!
    Its supposed to be yes, but i noticed the "dark mark" is a monkey skull face. So its close, but no cigar. Its cool though! Going to have to get rid of it when i upgrade in 4 months to my 75gal... Wont fit on there. Im going for 100% natural tank there though (boats are natural, they sink and are found in rivers and oceans and do have fish in them) so im getting a rock formation background or the river background then.
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That eery glow is spooky cool! Nice job!

0 Not allowed!
    I might have to undo it all. The ship was really nasty when i got it. Nasty like, when i got it wet to remove spiderwebs i smelled dog urine very strongly. So i was washing it in what i thought was a very light bleach solution for a while trying to get it off. Then i thought i rinsed it off good. Guess not. I tested every day since, normal readings. Until last nite when i got an ammonia spike, but no irregular feeding or anything, no deaths, no changes except that ship, so i blame it.

Luckily not one fish died either, though that has me stumped, because the kit came out at almost 0.5ppm! (darker than 0.25, but just slightly lighter than 0.5) I did a 30% water change and added an ammonia removing filter insert (API Nitra-ZORB) for right now and i tested it this morning and got slightly less than 0.25, but i think Sunday i might have to remove the whole setup. Unless... If i do 30% water changes every day and keep that Nitra-ZORB in there and air pumps running full force (seems to help) for a few weeks, do you think the toxins from the ship will have gone away with WCs? Or is it better to... pun intended... Abandon ship?
    10gal Tank- Glofish
    75gal- Everything