· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It came with the tank so I'm not 100% sure about it, but I think it's this. It seems to be made of some sort of foam

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It looks like there's going to be a complete redo of this tank; I've finally managed to rehome my goldfish.

The rummynose tetras and gourami from my 37L are going to move into the 120L. I plan to add 6 cardinal tetras and 6 cory cats, which brings me to 68%, according to aqadvisor. I'd like something for a centrepiece, but I can't think of anything.

OH has asked for something really colourful, bemoaning the fact that all our fish are 'too white'. So ideally I'd like something "colourful like [the betta]", grows no bigger than about 6", and is ok in a community tank. We like the look of some cichlids, but I don't know enough about them to know if any would be suitable.

Any ideas, good people of AC?

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I got some driftwood today. There are two pieces here, but they're kind of crammed together to keep them wedged underwater

I also got some sterbei corys on 2 for 1 in my LFS (there are 6 in there, but only these two were feeling photogenic.

I'm really looking forward to getting the anubias and java fern I've been collecting onto the wood, and getting it scaped :D

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looking Good

5. Default

0 Not allowed!

This weekend I plan to swap the gravel for sand, then I'll see about moving my rummynonses and my dwarf gourami in there. Then I'll have a tank I can use for quarantining all the other fish I want :D

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Long time no update! Over the past few months my cories died off and my gourami bullied the tetras into hiding. After my betta died I moved the gourami into the 10g, so I went to my LFS yesterday to get stock up

The big anubias is doing really well, but I'd like something tall along the back.

Four boseman's rainbowfish

One albino longfin bristlenose pleco

And one of the two new otos in the 'Ube. They seem to have figured out to avoid my jerk of a gourami

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Lost an oto sometime over the night. They were both fine when I went to bed, very active, but when I got up there was only one. I'm aware that they're known to be delicate so I hope it was something pre-existing rather than a problem in the tank, or my gourami.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I'm not a very good journal keeper. I think that things tend to change so slowly in my tank that it never seems worth posting about it. There's big news today, though, and not the good kind.

I returned home today to find my 120L had sprung a leak. Water all over the bathroom floor. I found the leak in the silicone three quarters of the way up the right hand side at the front. Action stations.

I found my tiny tank, relocated my betta from the 40L to there, then moved the fish from the 120L to the 40. There are now 5 Boseman's Rainbowfish and at least 3 cardinal tetras (there were 5 in the big tank, but they're tricky buggers to catch. I think I got them all, but I can't be sure). I know that this is not acceptable.

I need advice please.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Until I can get to the shop to buy some silicone is there anything I can do to avoid losing my cycle? Currently the filter sponges are in a couple of inches of tank water, they're all covered, there are definitely a few assassin snails in there, and I dropped in a couple of flakes of food last night.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I got a new tank last weekend; same volume, different dimensions. It's a Juwel Rekord 800, very nice and brand spanking new; a guy on another board got a telling off from his missus for bringing home more tanks, so I got a bargain (by Irish standards), tank, filter with spray bar, heater, stand, hood and lights. The extra depth to it makes such a difference to how big it looks, even though it's not as long as the old one. Pics later tonight.

Old Juwel 120 was sent off with someone who can fix it last night. In return I got some Cockatoo Apistos, an albino BN pleco, and a whole bunch of plants (identification for which I will be looking for later). I'll be putting in a dirt substrate this weekend.

Do I need to cap the dirt substrate with gravel?
    What do you think of this stocking:
    Last edited by kilyth; 05-31-2013 at 09:52 AM.