· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    You've done well for your bullfrog. He has a nicer habitat than most in his situation. lol It's sad about the other tadpole. Did the other fish show any aggression toward it (not that you have any aggressive fish in there...)?
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    not that I ever noticed. he'd get bumped into by a cory now and then or something, but that was it. I figured he was sort of like a big otocinclus in terms of diet and temperment, and the otos do fine in there.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    Great pics Brhino. Are you and daughter enjoying the habbitat?
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 

0 Not allowed!
    yeah, except there's this PBS show about animals that she loves called "Wild Kratts", and they had a segment on coral reef tanks, so now she wants one of those too. She's got a plan all drawn up.
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    Haha, that's really cute. Good for her, for planning it out.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Have a fish problem? Fill out and post this completed questionnaire in the General Aquarium Forum, when you start a new thread.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Update time! Sort of.

One day a month or two ago the frog disappeared. Just... vanished. I looked all over and eventually noticed a sort of depression behind one of the plants. I carefully removed a couple chunks of substrate and saw frog flesh. The frog had burrowed under the plant (killing it in the process, incidentally), and there it remains. I guess it's hibernating. It doesn't come out, as far as I can tell. It doesn't go in the pond, and it doesn't eat any crickets I put in. For the first few weeks I would gently expose just enough of it to see if it was still alive and breathing, but I guess it got tired of that because it burrowed further in and now I can't see it at all.

I guess this is normal behavior (although it didn't do it last winter), but the fact is I honestly don't even know if it's alive or not. I feel like if it died, I would notice a foul smell, but apart from that all I can do is wait and see what happens when spring rolls around.

Awards Showcase

1 Not allowed!
    Today I must report the end of the adventure.

Winter has passed and it's getting warmer out, so it started to become more and more worrying that the frog had not emerged. So today I went digging, and eventually found the body buried under the substrate, covered in some kind of white mold or fungus. I have no idea what did it in. Starvation? Complications arising from attempting to hibernate in an environment that never actually got much below room temperature? Dehydration?

I broke the news to my daughter. I had been warning her for a couple weeks that we didn't know if the frog was alive or not, so it wasn't a total shock. She told me I should find a rock so we could put a grave in the habitat... I explained that I was going to clean out the habitat though. She then asked me to remind her of the name of what the ancient Egyptians used to do with their kings and queens. I had to explain that I was not familiar with the art of mummification but I was pretty sure that the frog would not be a suitable specimen. Eventually we decided that the body could be disposed of without ceremony.

She asked if we could get more tadpoles and I said we'd have to think about that.

0 Not allowed!
    Aaw, a 3 year saga hath come to an end...

Awards Showcase

It's EOTW Beer Time! - KevinVA Nobody likes to drinl alone :) - steeler58 Back at you,  good sir! - Compass Here's to Lee's 5000 and Guava Flavored Whiskey! - Taurus Why drink alone, when a Sandz is nearby? - KevinVA 
    Sorry to hear of your loss, it always sucks to lose fish. - mommy1 Wish it was a real one, sorry for your loses :( - steeler58 So sorry about your fish! - SeaLady Here is pie. - mommy1 for the one you lost :o( - fishmommie 
    No Message - Fishhook Bottoms up! - Slaphppy7 Thanks, this one is on me - mommy1 Here's to 4,000 posts :) - steeler58 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    TGIF and here's to good whiskey :-) - Taurus Thanks for the rep :) - rebecca_finny pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie thank you for your help and advice - showmebutterfly Even Monday's are better with severum - showmebutterfly 

0 Not allowed!
    You did great with this project and documented it great. I appreciate being able to view into your world on this one.
    FW: 1 45gal, 1 40gal, 3 10gal, 3 30gal all community tanks of different species
    Sw: 1 55gal, 1 30gal show, 1 29gal show, 1 20gal and 2 10's

0 Not allowed!
    Brhino ~ thank you so very much for sharing this whole adventure! It was a wonderful read.

I’ve never kept a Bullfrog but have grown out countless Leopard Frogs (wild caught, released again where they came from).

You did a fabulous job with your habitat and this documentation!
    40 gal fw: 3 Platy; Cherry Barb; Neon Tetra; Rummy-nose Tetra; Corydoras sterbai; Red Cherry Shrimp; Mystery Snails; an Assassin snail
    live plants: Lace Java Fern on dw; a Sword plant; a Moss ball; 2 bunches of Java Moss on rocks; carpet of Cladophora algae on dw

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast