· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    Update! finally got some more plants for the frog habitat. Looks a lot less barren in there now. Got a bit messy during the installation of the new plants, though.

The ivy type plant in the middle is propagating outward and sending down a runner (you can see it at the end of the plant below the frog), so that's cool too. The frog gets covered in dirt when he leaves the water... then he goes back in the water, and all that stuff rinses off. And then I have to vacuum the gravel. It's a never-ending cycle!

Number two's legs are still small and useless, but they're clearly visible now.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 

0 Not allowed!
    well, it's been more than the month the first frog took, but we've now got four legs on tadpole #2:

once the tail is mostly gone I'll move him in with the other frog:

hopefully they will be bestest friends.
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    This looks so cool Brhino!

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher 
    It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Sometimes I like to read your frog journal and use the voice of the faceless head of SPECTRE....

"And now a report from numbah two!"

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    tragic news to report.

The second tadpole had matured enough to be moved to the land/water tank. It was quite a bit smaller than the first frog, not surprising given how long the first frog has had to eat crickets and grow. I hoped it would be okay... it was not.

It's been a couple days, and the small frog has disappeared. The big frog is looking mighty fat. I think we all know what happened.

I informed my daughter that the big frog had eaten the small frog. She was a bit disappointed. She said that the big frog was supposed to eat crickets, not the other frog, and I agreed, but said that wild animals do what they want, they don't have to follow rules like people. She theorized that the big frog is shy, and didn't want to share his tank.

In addition to the sadness about losing the one frog, this also points out a new problem: if the third, smallest tadpole ever gets around to changing, it will need a new environment of its own for a while until it can gain enough size to be safe from the first one. I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

0 Not allowed!
    lol!

I just started reading this journal, Brhino, and I can't believe the last post ended on a tragic note. ;P

I like your explanation to your daughter.

Anyway, this has been really cool. I never thought to raise tadpoles into frogs. Thank you for sharing.
    Adventures in Aquaria - The KevinVA Story

When in doubt, ask yourself... W.W.L.S (What would Lee Say)?

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!

The frog's got himself a sort of burrow now. More like a depression, I guess. He spends most of the time sitting there. Inevitably when I put the crickets in one will run right up to him and get devoured. It cannot be overstated just how dumb crickets are. I was hoping to get a picture of this happening, but it was over so fast that all I got was the frog with his mouth open because he caught some substrate when he got the cricket. He'll spit out the bark in a moment.

State of the enclosure now. Guess it looks about the same as it did two months ago... a few more leaves on the plants is all. The ivy is encroaching on whatever the one on the left is... maybe I can force it to turn and head for the back wall instead.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Been a while since i checked in, but sad to see Special Ed didnt make it. hopefully tadpole No. 3 will. maybe you could put a partition in the middle, some kind of egg crate or something to seperate them till both are of reasonable size? or even a thin sheet of acrylic cut to fit. Probably better than having 2 seperate enclosures
    Fiiiiiiiiiiissssshhhhhh!

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher 
    It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Well I wasn't really expecting #1 to go all SPECTRE on #2. I guess #2 was caught trying to hoard the crickets... or something.

0 Not allowed!
    Good job with the frog tank!!

That enviorment is perfect for mondo grass, if you are interested in something that will from a kinda carpet om the land. LFS sell it as an aquactic plant but it isn't. Its more of a bog or really wet soil kinda plant.
    Roll the Dice!

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast