· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    I can't believe they are progressing so slowly!

Do you think that they will all get along as adults once you add the other two in? Or would there be possible aggression because they have been separated for so long and the fast developing frog has claimed his territory?
    ~Manna
    10 gallon live planted aquarium with 6 neons
    90 gallon fw community in progress

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    not sure. I don't think frogs tend to be that aggressive towards one another, but I guess we'll see. I'm a little concerned that the frog could get so much bigger than the two tadpoles that it could potentially eat them once I put them back together.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 

0 Not allowed!
    I think we might finally getting somewhere with at least one of the two remaining tadpoles. The food->poop conversion rate in the tadpole tank has increased considerably in the last week or two, and the larger one is looking more fat in the back part of the body.

And here's frog being a frog. He's still having fun eating dumb crickets. The other day one of the crickets actually walked over the frog. The frog waited until the cricket moved a little further and tried to drink some water, then BAM. Dinner time.
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brhino
    not sure. I don't think frogs tend to be that aggressive towards one another, but I guess we'll see. I'm a little concerned that the frog could get so much bigger than the two tadpoles that it could potentially eat them once I put them back together.
    Hey I've been following this thread for a while. I've kept frogs for a about 6 years. Another frog message board ( it is a great one for frogs if you want it) and the general rule for frogs is if they are the same species they are fine together as long as the smallest is bigger than the biggest frogs mouth...makes sence. Frogs will eat anything that moves except for ants.

I only had tadpoles once but as far as I can see as long as they are alive they are growing even if it is really slow.
    29 Gallon: 6 Zebra Dianos, Albino BN Pleco, Ghost Shrimp

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for the info! I'll have to see what size the first frog is if/when the last tadpole finally grows legs.

as for updates: the second tadpole is continuing to get fatter and fatter, but still no legs. We've got some mealworms for the frog now which he seems to enjoy, but sometimes they escape into the substrate...

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I think the larger of the tadpoles has good some microscopic legs starting now. I'll keep an eye on things and post a pic if I can.

I also noticed an assassin snail in the frog tank. How the heck? well, there are pond snails in there too that hitchhiked with the plants, so it should be able to eat those for a while. It seems that I'm getting more of an ecosystem than I planned on.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    yup, we've definitely got legs on the bigger tadpole. Looks like with the first one it was about a month and a half between the first sign of legs and being pretty much a frog. We'll see how it goes this time.

Awards Showcase

hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 
    Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 
    lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    Woohoo!

That last legless wonder... I propose you name him Ed.... Special Ed.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    two weeks later, big tadpole's legs are big enough to photograph:

What? You don't see it? It's right...

...there!

and here's Special Ed.

Awards Showcase

hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ 
    Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 
    Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 
    lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 No Message - Fishhook A Birthday Bunny. - gadget228 

0 Not allowed!
    Aww Ed.... so special and cute

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast