· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino 

0 Not allowed!
    about an hour ago I checked on the tadpole and noted it had a bulge in the one area without a leg. Go downstairs, get a snack, come back, and what do I see?

four legged tadpole!

Now, to watch for the tail to start disappearing. And for the other two to hop on board the leg growin' train.
    300 gallon mega tank: build in progress
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp
    70 gallon growout tank: clown loaches, sailfin pleco
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish
    29 gallon frog tank: 1 bullfrog
    10 gallon and 5.5 gallon betta tanks: 1 male betta each, sometimes snails

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This thread is so awesome. Can't wait till your froggies finish transforming!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    It is amazing how fast their legs grow once they start to grow. The pick of the 3 legged frog was very fun
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

Awards Showcase

A lovely red rose for you to enjoy ... - mermaidwannabe for the help - smaug Happy Father's Day! - Aminax awesome tank in TOTM - Lady Hobbs Good guess! - Lab_Rat 
    To match your Super speed LOL - 850R Cool contest! - Wild Turkey Great shrimp advice - Wild Turkey You have the patience of a rock - Aeonflame Happy 5th Anniversary - Aminax 
    Thanks! - Scrup hmm i dont this its the right species... but merry xmas XD - genocidex Merry Christmas! I blub you! - Aminax I love following your informative and well designed threads. I hope these loaches get huge for you! - Sandz Happy 30th birthday! - Aminax 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks for you help! Cheers! - koaladarshana Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199 Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime 

0 Not allowed!
    I dropped the water level a bit more in the tadpole tank to make sure the tadfrog could get air access if it needed it. Now it's sitting like this:

its eyes are becoming more froglike, and it's sitting with eyes and maybe nose sticking out of the water.
    75 gallon community tank: tetras, danios, corys, platies, otos, pearl gouramis, bristlenose pleco, assassin snails, red cherry shrimp, bamboo shrimp

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!

The tadfrog's tail has started to atrophy, and it now spends pretty much all the time with eyes and nose out of the water.

Tomorrow I'll fix up the 29g (water levels have dropped due to evaporation and the soil has settled a bit) and then move this one over at the end of the day. I think it's ready to go.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How are the other two doing?
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    they're still not doing much. I've cut way back in the amount of food I'm feeding because there was starting to be a noticeable amount of uneaten food. Looks like the biggest one was eating the majority of the food, which would certainly explain why it's the biggest and the first to change. Hopefully once it moves out the other two will start to catch up.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Today I fixed up the 29g. I scooped up the tadfrog and moved him over. He swam around for a bit, then grabbed onto the acrylic lip, pulled himself off and hopped right onto the soil! I was not expecting him to go for the land right off the bat! I spent some time fixing up the place a bit, adding some more stuff for him.

Here he is hiding under the driftwood that serves as the "ramp" in and out of the pool. Got spot back there to hide but still have access to the waterline.

This plant I picked up a while back seems to be doing pretty well, healthy and green. The other one wasn't so lucky - I'm sure having all of its leaves chewed off by a cat did not help matters. So I pulled that one out and threw it away.

When it became clear that the tadfrog was going to be more adventurous than I expected I put together another pool ramp. This is a piece of petrified palmwood that used to be in the 29g when it was a fish tank, with a piece of java fern harvested from my 75g tank. Doesn't look like much yet, but I'm hoping the fern will do well in this environment and spread up the rock.

Here he is hanging out at the front of the tank. You can barely see his tail because it's back in the shadows... it's about half the size it was yesterday.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!

Here's how the tank looks now. I also added a little cork bark shelter on the left side if he wants to hide out of land. It needs more plants, both aquatic and terrestrial. It also needs a proper lid so I can rest a light on it (the "lid" you see there are undergravel filter plates). And, given how fast the tadfrog is transforming, I'd say he's going to need some small crickets to eat pretty soon too.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brhino
    And, given how fast the tadfrog is transforming, I'd say he's going to need some small crickets to eat pretty soon too.
    I took care of my school pet, some type of lizard, last year over Christmas holidays and had to feed it crickets... a few escaped... tried to repopulate my house.. >.<
    "Can ye fathom the ocean, dark and deep, where the mighty waves and the grandeur sweep?" - Fanny Crosby

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast