· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goldie Haven

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am exceptionally fond of this tank. Partially because I have been toying of setting up a similar one -- i.e. warmer with an abundance of plants, which some goldfish keeper sites say is a terrible no-no. *scratches head*

I am curious, however, over teh stated dimensions of the tank ... Do I read it correctly in that it says 3 feet deep, 3 feet long, and 5 feet tall? From the pictures, it just doesn't seem that tall to me.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaethe
    .....I am curious, however, over teh stated dimensions of the tank ... Do I read it correctly in that it says 3 feet deep, 3 feet long, and 5 feet tall? From the pictures, it just doesn't seem that tall to me.
    Yeah, the dimensions are as stated. Doesn't seem that tall because of the height of the plants. The camera lens & type of glass used for construction of the tank distort perspective a bit in photos, too. Also, the dimensions are actual, physical dimensions... They don't factor in what's left after substrate addition, plant size, etc. All of those things make a difference in perceived size vs actual size. Same with the fish... They're BIG... Change the perceived dimensions of the tank, too.

My advice... Don't concentrate on the numbers Just enjoy the tank for what it is

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Oh I will :)

What I'd had in mind at setting up is considerably smaller however. Well, longer, but not nearly as deep or tall. So I might be back to the drawing board.

But yes, I do enjoy the loveliness of your tank ... and the chocolate Ryukin and unnamed calico are adorable. :)

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaethe
    Well, longer, but not nearly as deep or tall. So I might be back to the drawing board.
    Not necessarily... You can use many of the same plants. In fact, I just recently posted a plant list suitable for Goldies -- it's off site but you may want to check it out (my post is the 4th one down). There's plenty to work with =) None of the plants in Goldie Haven require a particularly tall aquarium. The E. Bleheri is the tallest plant that cannot be trimmed with regard to height and that one tops out around 2ft. give or take 6 inches.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Will take a look ... Thank you! :)

0 Not allowed!
    Your tank is gorgeous and the plants look stunning. You have one heck of a camera, too, I see. Great photos.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you on both compliments!! Glad you enjoyed the photos =) Thanks for stopping by!

8. Default More photos...

0 Not allowed!
    Here're some more photos for this tank =) All are clickable.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Those goldies are really beautiful, and I love that first shot from the last set, the light coming through the fins like that is really striking. I keep trying to get 'interesting' shots from my tanks but...well still have work to do, lol.
    Έ.•΄Έ.•*¨) Έ.•*¨)
    (Έ.•΄ (Έ.•΄ .•΄ ΈΈ.•¨―`•

♥90g: 1 Catfish, 8 Melon Barb, 3 Giant Danio, 7 Tetra + Amano Shrimp ♥10g: 1 VT Betta ♥10g: 1 HM betta ♥20g:QT-Empty-

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed them! They're certainly challenging to take.