· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Wow! Nice tank! Pinto Bean is a cutie

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys. I'm going to try and be patient for a little while and wait for things to grow in before I decided if i need more plants or not. Unless I get a good deal before then. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MCHRKiller
    Tank looks amazing! Rosy barbs will be fine in there with that stock, a group of 9-12 males would really add a touch of color.
    Would it not be too much now that I've added an angel back into the stock? Also still needing to bump the cory school back up.

Quote Originally Posted by BiGBlak
    i would have just started fresh in the 75g your 55g looks amazing . Im sorry but i didnt read the beginning of this journal are you still going to use the 55g ? what are you going to do with that ?
    The 55g is going to be listed on craigslist as a terrarium or reptile tank since it has a new break in it. Even if it hadn't gotten cracked I don't have enough room in the apartment for both tanks.
    75 gallon planted
    5 gallon planted betta
    Lack of planning on your part doesn't justify an emergency on my part.

0 Not allowed!
    IMO not with the canister filtration and a fully planted setup, my 100G isnt much larger than your 75G and it has loads more fish and still looks empty with 0 nitrates.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    with all that wall space i see in the pic not enough room ? lol it looks like you could put a 6ft or a 8ft tank right there where you have both tanks side by side . Lol but ok thanks for clearing that up . ps get about 20 cories ! lol i have 14 in my 55g still young but the bottom of the tank is active all day .
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Will have to keep pondering the rosies. All spending is on hold for just a bit.
    75 gallon planted
    5 gallon planted betta

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGBlak
    with all that wall space i see in the pic not enough room ? lol it looks like you could put a 6ft or a 8ft tank right there where you have both tanks side by side . Lol but ok thanks for clearing that up . ps get about 20 cories ! lol i have 14 in my 55g still young but the bottom of the tank is active all day .
    Wall space is usually taken up by a dog crate that is sitting in the middle of the living room. At some point we also need a tv stand and tv and that is also the only logical place for that. I might calm myself with another small tank in the meantime. I keep thinking I will pull my little 2 gallon hex out for my male betta and put 3 little females in my 5 gallon.
    75 gallon planted
    5 gallon planted betta

0 Not allowed!
    I know aqadvisor is just a tool, but it does say that even 6 rosy barbs would make me overstocked. And 9 rosies puts me at 117% of stocking level?

It also yelled at me for only having 2 upside downs. LOL

75 gallon planted
    5 gallon planted betta

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice set up!
    PaMeLa
    5 gallon/6.5 gallon/29 gallon/37 gallon/ 55 gallon {and a 20 gallon in my office!}

0 Not allowed!
    My tanks are at a minimum of 135% stocked according to AquaAdvisor. It really is your call but in a heavily planted tank with 2 canisters bioload from smaller fish is not really an issue IME.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

0 Not allowed!
    Smaller fish? Everything I've read says rosy barbs get to 6 inches. Do the current tank raised tend to stay smaller??? If so then I'm definitely looking for rosies.
    75 gallon planted
    5 gallon planted betta