· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: GBs 210gal Reef

0 Not allowed!
    Well, thanks to the fact that I was able to keep my live rock live, the tank is now cycled and ready to go. The pair of Tomato Clowns and the aggregation of 7 Royal Grammas are on order. :)
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    wow 7 grammas that's a lot! that'll be cool... make sure you take pics... lots and lots of pics!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Yup, 7 is a larger number for the average home aquarium, however, with the large tank it is possible. In the wild they normally live in larger aggregations. Finding them in large groups under overhangs and around columns is quite normal. Part of the reason I aquascaped the the tank the way I did was to help stimulate some of the natural behavior of the Grammas. One thing they are well known for is that they orient themselves to the harder surface, so that means when they are under an outcropping of rock, they orient themselves to the rock, not the sandy bottom.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Could do nine to 11 Grammas if you want, Brad, since they get along better if their are more of their kind.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

0 Not allowed!
    wow, that will be so cool to see them in something other than singles...odd too that leleupi's also orient like that too...come to think of it, they kinda look somewhat similar as well...
    20gal long planted community

0 Not allowed!
    Gotta keep some room for the rest of my stock. lol With the load of tangs, Solar Wrasse, Flame Angel, and potential Emperor Angel I don't want to push it too much. ;)
    Last edited by ILuvMyGoldBarb; 11-05-2011 at 12:57 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    that's awesome... would definitely be really cool to see that behavior!
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Quick update. My supplier has the Clowns and the Grammas in and in QT. The Grammas are already eating pellets, and the Clowns immediately hosted in a Bubble Tip. LOL. Now I'm torn as to weather or not to get the Bubble Tip. I really wasn't planning on any photosynthetic inverts in this tank.

0 Not allowed!
    LOL - well, how long would that non-plan have lasted, anyway?
    20gal long planted community

0 Not allowed!
    With an Emperor Angel in the tank... it would have lasted for it's lifetime. I'm probably not going to get the nem though. The tank is too young.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast