· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GBs 210gal Reef

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What a nice looking tank... you might as well sell your tv... never going to take your eyes off that tank!
    100g Reef

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rageybug
    What a nice looking tank... you might as well sell your tv... never going to take your eyes off that tank!
    lol I agree with ragey! So many awesome options for a tank this size! The set up looks incredible I can't wait to see it come to life! And I'm actually really pumped to see that angel haha they look so cool but I'd be so torn because I love my softies too haha o well
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

0 Not allowed!
    well hockeyhead, you'll be waiting a while to see that angel. That fish will be the last one in the tank. lol Stocking will be done nice and slow. It could be as much as 18-24 months before the Emperor is in there.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

0 Not allowed!
    Got some aquascaping done tonight. Very pleased with the results. I really wanted an open look to the tank and to the rockscape as well. While it didn't turn out quite like I envisioned it, I am far happier with this than I was with my original plan.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Looks nice and uniform...
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I am jelous! That is a gorgeous tank! One of my goals is to one day set up tank like that. Where did you get it again? Craigslist?

Awards Showcase

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 lets see if you cann see this - William another test - William hope this works - William hopefully this one shows up. - KingFisher 
    It's the closest thing I could find to a snowflake. - Taurus Happy Birthday Girl. Wishing you many more. Ya thats why the Champagne is in play. hehehe - Strider199 For piping up - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas! - ~firefly~ Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas - gadget228 Thank you and Happy Holidays! - KingFisher Merry x-mas and a Happy New Year Trillianne - Strider199 Happy New Year!!! - Rue Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 
    Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199 Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1 Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1 lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    Hurray for all your wonderful pictures... that's what make all kinds of work in progress threads so darn interesting!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by beginnerfishowner13
    I am jelous! That is a gorgeous tank! One of my goals is to one day set up tank like that. Where did you get it again? Craigslist?
    I purchased it from a couple in my reef club. They upgraded to a 300gal tank and sold this one. I got one heck of a deal too.

0 Not allowed!
    Got all my bulkheads and fittings leak free and the sump fully operational. Here are some pics of what it looks like.

Here is the right side of the stand. This is where all the electrical outlets are. There are 3 GFCI outlets all wired together to handle all the electrical needs of the tank.

Here is the middle where the 40gal breeder sump is located. This sump is set up for 4 filter socks. I will be running those as soon as I get them. The skimmer is a temp. It is currently an old Red Sea Berlin skimmer rated for 250gal. It isn't a bad skimmer, and will handle the needs of the tank until I get the new skimmer. I will be going with the Super Reef Octopus 3000. This is what the previous owner had running on the tank, and it was serious overkill for his stocking, but will be just right for mine.

I wanted to include this picture of part of the return line. This setup is already plumbed for any reactors I may wish to run. I will be employing one of those lines with a feeding tube. If anyone watched all the episodes of Tanked this past season, you saw one of these built. When I add it to the tank, I'll include a detailed description of the build.

0 Not allowed!
    I love seeing how tanks with sumps get plumbed

I like how you added three extra "t"s on your return line, just in case you want to any extra media reactors. I now wish I would have left myself more than one extra.

I'd love to see the feeding line set-up. I missed that one on tanked
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast