· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Next Fish/ Aquarium Step

0 Not allowed!
    Hey all! I have had my new aquarium for about a month now. My name is Brad btw I'm new here.

Anyway,

I have 10 Danios (which im using to cycle) they have been doing very well. Im getting close to the point where I can add more fish. I also have 3 Dwarf Gouramis and they are also doing well. I have had a few ammonia spikes but they are beginning to be fewer and farther between.

I was just looking for another species that I could add. I want something that will get along with the other fish and is fairly hardy. If you have had any fish that are just awesome and would buy again if you had to what would they be?

I appreciate any feedback and advice. I thank you and its great to be on here!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Fancy guppies have always been my favorite by far unless you want to start breeding them I suggest you only get males (they are the ones with all the color anyway)

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Hi,

I am a fairly new aquarium owner and can let you know what I have been successful with so far. I have a 46gal Bowfront. It is currently stocked with 8 Serpae Tetra, 4 Peppered Cories, 2 female Dalmation Mollies, 1 Male Dwarf Gourami, 1 Male Flame Gourami and 1 Bristlenose Pleco.

So far this is a peaceful mix that is active at all levels of the tank. The Gourami do tend to battle occasionally, but no harm has been done so far. The Serpae Tetra are know fin nippers, but so far they have kept most nips among themselves...which is normal. The Pleco is pretty awesome looking and mine is quite active. The Peppered Cory are fun to look at.

Hope this helps,

TC

** Just realized that this is an old post

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I like Blackskirt Tetras and believe they are compatible with your Danio's, also a hardy fish too. Best kept with 6 or more.
    25 Gal - Tropical
    Custom made Wet/Dry/Sump Filter System, AquaClear 20 Powerhead, RenaCal Excel 300 Heater, artificial plants
    Fish - 8 Blackskirt Tetras, Red Wag Platy, German Blue Ram, Bulldog Pleco, Assassin snail.
    "Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success." King Solomon.
    Pictures of my 10 Gal Sump Filtration project

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A school of blood fin or rummynose tetras would be cool
    55g planted. black skirt tetras. Neon tetras. Emerald Cory cat. Glow light tetras. 1kribensis cichlid, b. Rainbow fish. Rhino pleco. Pearl gourami. Dwarf platys

29g planted. 1firemouth cichlid. Gold barbs. Scissortail rasboras.

0 Not allowed!
    You BOTH need to rehome all of your Gourami except one. Gourami are highly territorial and sooner or later the dominant one will decide to no longer tolerate the others and kill them.

Awards Showcase

Thx. Have another on me! - pRED Enjoy the 4th brother :-) - Taurus Bleeding blues! - RiversGirl TGIF and here's to the bleeding blues Lee. - Taurus This one's on me.... - Slaphppy7 
    pizza for all.  I finished my book today!!! - fishmommie Congrats on 30th anniversary, Lee - SeaLady the Bleeding blue makes an appearance at last! - RiversGirl And one for you for as well. :) - Compass T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 
    To new fishies and gambling addictions! lol - Compass Good to see your still at it. - Strider199 Happy 2 year anniversary! - Slaphppy7 Congratualtions on 2 years at the AC.  We are all better for it! - fishmommie Happy 2nd anniversary. to Many more - SeaLady 
    for the thing in your signature about saandy hook, i was in elementary during that time. - aquariumlover10 Thanks for the bucks!! - SeaLady No Message - RiversGirl New fishys - SeaLady Congrats on 7,000 posts! - Slaphppy7 
    Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - steeler1 Childhood Cancer - steeler1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - steeler1 
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - steeler1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 

0 Not allowed!
    Did I miss what size tank you had somewhere?
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
    -Vince Lombardi

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ― John Wooden
    Sandy Hook Elementary......Lest We Forget
    See my profile for my tanks and what fish I keep