· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Do You Name Your Fish?

0 Not allowed!
    Mine are:
    Mickey, Minnie, Lucy, Ricardo, Dahmer, Dolly, Larry, Curly, Mo, Goldie, Hawn, Emerald, Ruby, Sapphire, Betty, Wilma, Noah, Sunny, Hunny & Cletus. My 6 babies don't have names yet - I am going to wait until they are big enough to tell apart. They are so fast right now I can't even tell boys from girls.
    PaMeLa
    5 gallon/6.5 gallon/29 gallon/37 gallon/ 55 gallon {and a 20 gallon in my office!}

Arrow

0 Not allowed!
    Nope, No need to re-name them. They already have names, Latin names.

YMMV
    Gas mileage isn't everything OIIIIIIIO
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Why pretend there are no stupid questions? Actually, There are many stupid questions: "Should I drink this bleach?" Is just one example.
    Having said that, Just because it's a stupid question doesn't mean that it shouldn't be asked. It's better to know.

A warm beer is better than a cold beer. Because nothing is better than a cold beer, and a warm beer is better than nothing.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well yeah! in the beginning an then they all started looking alike. I just call them fishies now.

0 Not allowed!
    Most of mine have names... but all the neons are called "Bob", and all the black neons are called "Bob2"..

The two galaxy rasboras in the 10 gallon tank are called Kirk and Janeway..

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzydezzy
    Most of mine have names... but all the neons are called "Bob", and all the black neons are called "Bob2"..

The two galaxy rasboras in the 10 gallon tank are called Kirk and Janeway..
    <3 Kirk and Janeway. (although I'm a Picard fan, myself.)

I named my first Cory. Cory Feldman. Then I named the females I got, Nick Fury (she has one eye) and Sean Astin. Yeah, they're dude names...whatever.

I also named my platys. Catfish, Spot, and Jerk Fish. The last one is a jerk.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SLeen
    <3 Kirk and Janeway. (although I'm a Picard fan, myself.)

I named my first Cory. Cory Feldman. Then I named the females I got, Nick Fury (she has one eye) and Sean Astin. Yeah, they're dude names...whatever.

I also named my platys. Catfish, Spot, and Jerk Fish. The last one is a jerk.
    lololol. Only 1 of my current fish has a name, Monster, because she is the biggest baby out of the first batch of fry. None of the others have names.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

0 Not allowed!
    Nope, no other names here. I call them by their species name or sometimes I spice things up with a curse word in front of their given species name.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

Awards Showcase

am sure I deserve a few of these... lol - Cyberra Thanks for sharing your X-stitch fish pillow project! - Aminax for being prone to computer problems - Cyberra happy birthday to me... August 29th - Cyberra earned ANOTHER one... siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh - Cyberra 
    I dub thee official greeter to the forum! - korith Happy Belated One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue You need another betta! - Pleco380 it birtha the birthday betta XD - genocidex A birthday betta for you. - mermaidwannabe 
    You need a popsicle after wheelbarrow races! haha - escamosa Where there's plows, there's piggies! :) - escamosa You need some grapes, 'cause they were mentioned in the riddle! haha - escamosa to congratulate you on 2 years! - andreahp Here's one Christmas present! - Rue 
    I'm sorry I couldn't ship you one!! Forgive me! - bethyMT ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾̃̾)۶ - korith this might help numb your lips lol - Gogi For being awesome and bringing me here. :) - Flyby Stardancer We need to get you up so you have as many bettas as you do in RL. ;) - Flyby Stardancer 

0 Not allowed!
    Blue male betta - Minutes to Midnight
    Blue/red/purple male betta - Firetail
    Red and blue crowntail - Searchlight
    Golden crowntail - Sunstreaker
    Green male - Opal
    Amber dragonscale - Red Amber

Wild-color boss female betta - Dark Lady
    Pink-finned white female - Mercury
    Rounded-edged female double tail - Gem
    Pointed-edged female double tail - Dancer
    Wild-color small single tail female - Dash
    Bright blue female - Bluebolt

Yes, I do name my fish

The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of the act

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've got Misty, Barry, Sunny, Dex, Fresh Meat, Newbie, Rose and Princess Grace. When I had a small school of danios (they didn't make it - Rose is the only one left) they were called The Blue Dan group, because one hybrid blue glofish/zebra was in the mix. Only two of the babies from the first batch have names - Nani and Smalling - because they were born the day Man United won the Community Shield this year, and Nani and Chris Smalling were the goal scorers.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My son tried to name them all, but with so many it's impossible to remember, he gave that up quickly. The only two with names that never change are the Pleco....Paco. And the Black Ghost Knife....Rocko.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid
    ~Albert Einstein