· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Unhappy My Tank Has TB :(

0 Not allowed!
    Doctor got back with the results. TB :( I might as well experiment with treatments. Awful. Tragic. Unbelievable. Arrghhhhhh!!!
    . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
    ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸ ><((((º>¸.
    ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

0 Not allowed!
    Did the doctor tell you to go home and experiement with a bunch of meds that will not work? TB can not be cured. All fish have to be put down and the tank torn down and everything bleached. That would be running bleach thru the filter, cleaning the substrate in it and all decorations.

You must wash very, very well whenever you have your hands in the water and if you have any cuts, wear rubber gloves or don't mess with the tank unless your cut has healed. It is transferred to humans but not the TB we get. That manifests are oozing sores.
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 10-14-2011 at 11:19 PM.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    !!!!!!!!! :( I might see if I can find any predatory bacteria that can get the job done.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    How about just follow the advice of the people with the experiance and nuke the tank? Geeesshhh!!

Awards Showcase

Good luck with the community tank!  You WILL post pics when it's up and running!  Welcome to AC BTW - Mith for ur tank ! welcome to AC ! - Neon im not a good hug'er - rookie Grats on the fry! - Northernguy To go with your beer!  Thanks for the help! - dragoonwoman 
    Thanks for playing Mafia! - Agassizii Happy Holidays - Northernguy Hey!  I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!! - Mith Welcome to AC. - Brookfish For your pancake bunny - Cliff 
    aww thanks LOL  (Mith welling up with tears) LOL - Mith For all your help and patience!!!!! - fish00053 That was the greatist thing ever - Pele A new cory for your 10 gallon - Cliff For the É help - Rue 
    Dude that's the funniest signature I've seen on this site. Have a beer. - harpua2002 A piece of cake to thank everybody that posted in my anniversary thread for their kind words. - gadget228 For getting too close to pleco's breeding rabbits. - gadget228 Awesome sig, make me chuckle :) - FinalJenemba Merry Xmas! Hope U have a good one! Thanks for all the DIY help! :) - Mrs.JayMay23 

0 Not allowed!
    The biggest concern here is your welfare. I wouldn't touch the water if I were you. Any small cuts can possibly lead to an infection, and you do NOT want to play around with that.

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.u...m_content=html

If you want to see the true danger, do a google image search for mycobacterium marinum. Warning, some of the pictures are pretty gross.

It looks like in humans, a very long antibacterial regimen is used in very minor cases, but in anything more serious surgical removal of infected tissue is usually they way they go.

In other words, it is very unlikely your fish will live long enough for any treatment to be effective, and you will probably spend 50X more on medicine than you would if you replaced all the fish. Most humane thing would be a quick death.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Most of my little ones are very healthy. I am definitely using gloves when handling them though! Gosh, I've been trying to find out if acid fast bacteria have any predators. No luck so far....

0 Not allowed!
    I would suggest better safe than sorry. For your health, and the health of and future fish that may call that tank home.

I would take the above advice to bleach everything and start again with new fish
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    It seems like you've already made up your mind to not follow the advice given here by people who are more knowledgeable and experienced than you on the subject.

I wish you luck.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Did the doctor tell you to go home and experiement with a bunch of meds that will not work? TB can not be cured. All fish have to be put down and the tank torn down and everything bleached. That would be running bleach thru the filter, cleaning the substrate in it and all decorations.

You must wash very, very well whenever you have your hands in the water and if you have any cuts, wear rubber gloves or don't mess with the tank unless your cut has healed. It is transferred to humans but not the TB we get. That manifests are oozing sores.

We've told you before that your tank would need to be torn down and disinfected. Now you have more proof.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"