· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

Default Apistogramma Cacatuoides

0 Not allowed!
    I have one male and a female in a 20g tank along with other fish. I have been waiting for them to breed but they still havent. Insted the male is harrasing her and chasing her. I have supplied them with caves and hiding places, but no babies???
    -Beebz

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

why thank you! : ) - mommy1   Why thank you  :-) - Cliff   For your hard Day at the grocery store. - Strider199   champaign of decoders - Lady Hobbs   so here's another clown - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    I have Africans and was told to stock with a 1:m to 5 or 6f ratio to prevent aggression. Perhaps It's the 1 to 1 ratio. I'm not familiar with your species, but am willing to bet 20 isn't big enough for more or possibly not big enough for 2!!?
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid
    ~Albert Einstein

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    They may not be compatible, they may not be ready. As long as she can get away from him you should be all right. Another female might work but getting her in there with an established pecking order could be tricky.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

They didn't have an aro! - ~firefly~   Man you know your stuff!! - ScottishFish   Are you suggesting coconuts migrate? - Goes to 11!   For helping the turkey cross the road - mommy1   Merry Christmas - Cliff   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    A small school of dither fish might work. I wouldn't advise doing that route though, unless you have a plan for them afterwards.
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff Boo train boo train boo train boo train woohoo

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Don't want you to choke on the hot dog. - Slaphppy7   Thanks for the Rep ;-) - steeler58   For being one minute late on the DT contest. - Silbar   First round on me , Happy Birthday - gadget228   For hanging out on a lazy Sunday ;-) - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeonflame
    A small school of dither fish might work. I wouldn't advise doing that route though, unless you have a plan for them afterwards.
    Because the Cacs will kill the dither fish during or after the spawn if compatible mates are found.