· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Oscar Tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985   Christmas Present! - Tolley   for the green terrors and their spawning :) - arkie   Congratulations on you pic's award And thanks for the help - Billythefish   for your oscar post..... - angelcakes   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Blu-ray   

Default New Oscar Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Hi there,
    Long time no see guys! missed the AC.

I recently set up a new 80g tank for old buddies. They are over 3 years old. The tiger one is the offspring of my old pair ( female in my avatar died last year and the male I don't have him anymore ) and the Lutino one that I kind of rescued from a fish store 3 years ago.

Here is some photos.
    By now the Os have eaten half of that giant crypt! and there is some serious algae problem in the tank. I will set up a good canister as soon as I finish the work on my thesis in the coming days. Some work should be done on the stand to fit the canister inside.

Feels good to be back on AC.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    80g Oscar Tank
    MTS cured!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   There ya go - Fisharefriends27   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   I love my Harlequins! Thanks for the suggestion :) - kurly   

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful fish. They are huge. They really make their presence known.
    Lots of tanks. Some tanks are planted. Fish include community and bettas.
    2 Dachshunds. Angel (Red) and Cookie (Chocolate Dapple).
    Shiny Things and Beauty the rabbits.
    RIP Princess and Max the Dachshunds, Tiger and Ping Pong the rabbits, and all the fishes from when I was a newbie.
    It is Ldoerr NOT Idoerr.
    Black kitten named Midnight that was found 10/29/12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985   Christmas Present! - Tolley   for the green terrors and their spawning :) - arkie   Congratulations on you pic's award And thanks for the help - Billythefish   for your oscar post..... - angelcakes   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Blu-ray   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, Oscars are big and attractive fish.
    80g Oscar Tank
    MTS cured!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    I would not add anything else to the tank. They have lovely coloring but the gold one looks a bit skinny to me. That sunken belly doesn't look quite right to me but I've never had these fish. Great coloring and nice looking fins so maybe it's just the way the picture looks.

Like the branchy wood, too.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for giving Sake a chance. - gronlaura   because you took in such a special needs cat. love! - bethyMT   Happy Birthday! - KingFisher   Happy Birthday Jen. - Strider199   Merry Christmas - Cliff   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    I must agree with Hobbs on the fish being a bit on the thin side. I am also concerned about the size of the tank for 2 Os. The fish do have nice color and the tank is beautifully scaped.
    3x75 gallons|2x55 gallons|2x50 gallons|3x40 gallons|1x29 gallon|1x10 gallon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC Tank! - Northernguy   you need a pair - Crispy   A new Goldfish for your tank. - gabbyguppy   Congrats on da peps - toddnbecka   Nice CL score! Enjoy the Kribs! - FinalJenemba   

0 Not allowed!
    Both fish look extremely healthy. Beautiful.

The only concern i have is the tank does not look wide enough for them, what width is it?
    Lots of tanks
    Camera - Sony A33 - Sony A58
    18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM lens
    55-200mm F4-5.6 SAM lens

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

To go with your real betta :D - Cyberra   To help with the restocking, Merry Christmas - Cliff   here u go - genocidex   thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1   For being a fellow VA native - ddavis1979   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - DylanisHawttt   

0 Not allowed!
    I've always wanted an Oscar; I like the tank layout and the fish. Great looking fish
    Empty 125g sitting in my shed
    55g Freshwater Tropical Community
    29g Convict Fry Growout Tank
    10g Freshwater Planted Tropical Community
    5g Freshwater Planted Dirt
    2.5g Ghost shrimp tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking tank and fish. I would leave it as it is.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your AC tank! - Northernguy   for ur new tank - Neon   Sorry to hear of your loss. - VoidParadigm   I like your pleco pics!! - gabbyguppy   1000 posts! - Crispy   

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice tank and fish. The coloring is beautiful!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks everyone for the comments.

Alasse, the tank is 16*24*56" (40*60*140 cm). the footprint is not as big as what I was planning for, but since it came with a very good price I took it. the whole tank and stand for $120.

Lady Hobbs and Jenn, the albino one already was in bad shape and had some belly problems when it was 2 and half inch long and I picked it up from the LFS. it got better but still a bit of belly deformation may be noticed.
    80g Oscar Tank
    MTS cured!