· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   for helping me out - smaug   Thanks for the bio-cube advice - Cliff   A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb   How about a Christmas Clown - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    If you are looking forward to see a new tank filled with water and possibly some sand then yes lol I probably won't order the rock til I have the tank filled, i could take some small pieces from home just to get things started though....=)
    My 14 Gallon Reef
    Fish are Friends, not Food

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   for helping me out - smaug   Thanks for the bio-cube advice - Cliff   A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb   How about a Christmas Clown - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Well still no pictures but I did go out and get my sand today. I wasn't in the mood to do my homework so I decided to make the trek to Petco. Unfortunately I ended up getting the "Live" Sand crap. The dry aragonite they had was way to coarse for my future goby and the only other option was sugar sand which I really don't want to deal with. The "Live" sand has the grain size I was looking for and it actually only ended up being like $4 more than dry sand. According to the bag I can add my first fish as soon as I add the sand! LOL, I just hope it doesn't prolong my cycle by too long
    My 14 Gallon Reef

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok so still no major update, but I did go to a new LFS today to get some premixed salt water. They sell RO/DI water as well but I don't think my salt will be here when the tank gets here so I figured I would pay a little more for the pre-made stuff. Ive never been to this place before cause its in a pretty sketchy area so I have kinda avoided it lol but it is wicked awesome! They have so much salt water stuff and all their tanks look great. It is a little inconvenient to get to but its a lot closer.
    So anyways I bought 10 gallons of water and all I can say is getting that back to my dorm was miserable. I got on the wrong bus and ended up walking around Boston with 85lb of water . Needless to say I don't think I will be getting water in the future unless I can drive lol. It was certainly an experience that I do not want to repeat.
    Look foward to an actual update sometime during the week when stuff actually starts getting here
    My 14 Gallon Reef

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    My tank finally got here! I am so excited it is super awesome =). It is a lot bigger than I expected, which isnt a problem. Right now I have 20lb of sand and surprisingly only 10 gallons of water and it is almost completely full. I ordered the rock today so it should be here sometime next week =).
    Here are just a few cloudy pictures but still pictures =)

I think the corner of my desk is a good spot for it. Perfect distraction zone =)

I can't wait to scape this bad boy when I get my rock. I feel like the options for scaping a cube like this are pretty awesome so we will see what I come up with
    My 14 Gallon Reef

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7   Chocolate always makes a body better.  Glad you're on the ment - fishmommie   Here's to a quick recovery my friend. - mommy1   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   

0 Not allowed!
    Can't wait to see it with the rock inside
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I am so excited to get the rock, I thought I was excited before I got the tank but now that it is sitting next to me I realize how minimal my excitement was until now . One think I find weird about the tank is the actinics seem really purple to me. The ones on my other reef are a much bluer color. I don't know if they are just a different wave length or if it is because I have T5HO on the other reef and these are PC. One think I will say is the 10000k bulbs look SO MUCH better on this tank than my other. They are just a bright white, there is no ugly yellow undertone. I really like them. The 10000k and the actinics together make a really nice color too.
    Ohh and in the back of the tank there is a perfect little window where the Bioballs used to be that I can put a light on and throw some chaeto in there if i think it is necessary =)
    My 14 Gallon Reef

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just a little somthing to get your gift section started :) - tanks4thememories   Thanks for the supportive post - for your SW tank - Cliff   From another goof - so you don't have to wait as long - Cliff   Aw shucks....   I'm flattered - Cliff   Merry X-mass - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    that's a great place for the tank haha that way you'll get nothing done lmao! I could sit and watch my tank for hours haha you'll love when the rock comes in and finding the little critters that came with it
    55g Long --> After 18mo of doing well the tank crashed during moving. Most likely cause: Flatworm Die-off... won't start another until after moving... Likely not until late 2013

20g Long --> currently concoting a build plan

Check out the journal to follow my 20g SW tank

"Take a chance, because you never know how perfect some things can turn out" -- unknown

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Who wants to do engineering homework when you can look at a reef on your desk instead . I can't wait to get some kind of life in the tank =)
    My 14 Gallon Reef

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Still impatiently waiting on the rock to get here . I have had the tracking number since Sunday but it has not shipped yet....I think they are teasing me on purpose lol. If it doesn't get here til Friday I don't think I can wait til next week!
    My 14 Gallon Reef

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    My rock finally got here! Unfortunately it was very dry when it got here so I don't know how that is going to work out. My scaping possibilities with the rock I got are pretty limited too unless I do some smashing lol. I got 2 decent sized peices and then one huge piece, probably 10-12 pounds, so thats over half my rock right there lol. I wont be able to post pictures until later I have some homework I need to do and then I have class 5-7 so anytime after that you will get some pictures . I will probably also do my first water test when I get back from class later too just to see if anything is happening.
    My 14 Gallon Reef

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast