· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Advice required injured goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Hi,
    This incident ocurred 3 days ago
    I am so glad i found this site as i need some advice from those who have fish and know something... I have had 2 very large goldfish(8-10 inches long) located outside for about 12mths... without going into to much detail i found the first fish on the decking with its head missing... 3 hours later I found its companion on the dirt it was missing an eye and has been partly eaten.... nadless to say my heart sunk as i never saw what did it and i was just near by when it ocurred....i saw its gills moving so i placed it in the water it swam okay.... i have given it food and it has eaten i imediatly topped up the water and placed some conditioner into the water.... as i really didnt know what to do.... I have since placed black covering over the top as i have noticed these crows are still around and i am assumming thast is what did the injury that is all i came up with

lucky (which is what i have named it) is still swimming okay (straight), i dont want to put him down unless i know he is in pain.... as he is swimming okay and eating i am hoping it will heal with time.... I also feel bad as it has lost its companion... i say that as the 2 fish were always beside one another... the pond is big enough that they both could have been on either side but they chose to stay beside one another

How do i know if it is in pain? can i get another fish and if so when? if you have any other advice it will be greatly appreciated

Thanks!!!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    i would say its in pain now, just a guess tho. might be worth it to put it down an get new gold fish (sorry to say).
    something to think about tho, crows are EXTREMELY smart you might want to consider something that can cover your pond and lock with a key'ed lock
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for the reply... is there a way of knowing if its in pain? I have had to put animals down in my life (something I don't wish on anyone) and even thou this is a fish i really really need to know i am doing the best thing for the fish...

I know if a dog or cat goes off there food they are unwell and if a dog is weeping from the eyes (looks like it is crying) could mean it is in pain does a fish show signs????? do they go off there food? do they swim on there side when they are sick or in pain as well? one of mums dog had a blind pup and the vet wanted to put it down as they said it wont be able to surive or cope with life.... 12 months later the vet is astounded of how the blind pup copes and is every bit a functioning part of the family... :-)))

yes i am building a cover today something of hard wire to cover the top:-) unfortunately i have just learnt how smart they can be ;-(

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1 Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue For being understanding, thank you - Cliff (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai 
    Thank you for the MOTM nomination - mommy1 I think you deserve a random gift. Yes, I think you do. - PhillipOrigami For being a fellow MA native! - Lolita Happy Birthday to you. - jeffs99dime Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 I've not seen anyone with an umbrella here. You seem to have an odd collection of gifts...so here's my contribution. :-) - ~firefly~ "genocidex;1139790]stupid question... but would i be able to use lawn clovers in a tank?  lol"  REALLY - Strider199 crayfish! - Brhino thanks for sharing - sheamurai 
    For filling out my school! :) - Flyby Stardancer silly rabbit... - sheamurai They say one of these a day keeps doctors away.... - Trillianne Day Two... - Trillianne Thanks for the frogbit very much :) - Greentoads41 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex 

0 Not allowed!
    hmm not too sure if there is a way to tell how much pain they are feeling. if theres a hunk of it missing then its a good bet its hurting. but maybe some one else here would know more.
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!