· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark Whee! - Nick_Pavlovski Drink up! - Drumachine09 For keeping TOF alive! - Drumachine09 For Being A Great Friend - MeganL3985 
    good job - Lady Hobbs I am baking today and figured I'd share...thanks for helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** A thank you for adding me to your buddy list :) - *Sarah* for the inspiration, and the friend add :) - calla a cigar for you - Dave66 
    good quiz answer - Dave66 Thanks for being a friend! Cheers! - SkarloeysMom I think you need a book!! (It's a book about fish of course!) - 2manyfish i noticed i havent given you a gift yet! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 
    Merry christmas! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12 Happy Birthday Friend! - SkarloeysMom Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish Merry Christmas! - digital3 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - tropfish AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - tropfish Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - tropfish HIV/AIDS - tropfish Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - tropfish 
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - tropfish 

0 Not allowed!
    i hope he pulls through. good luck!
    55g: 1 Severum, 1 Raphael Catfish, 1 Syno Catfish

5g: adopted goldfish..

2.5g: crowntail betta

Awards Showcase

Buy another angelfish - hobbs just want to say i love u - paulie A forum treasure - hobbs here's some ice cream.  i couldn't find any snow on the list.  maybe you'll get a blizzard now, huh?  lol - jeffs99dime ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LOL - Lady Hobbs 
    ~*For The Bride To Be*~ :) Have Fun w/ the Planning!! - MeganL3985 *Get Well Soon Girl !* - MeganL3985 For Tequila - Nick_Pavlovski For your loss - Kuli_Loach I'm So Sorry....Don't Give Up! Hang In There Hun!! @-->--- - MeganL3985 
    for some good luck! - cocoa_pleco I have a blast talking to you! - Kuli_Loach milk and cookies, no. milk and slushies, YES! - cocoa_pleco Apple a day... - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks For Your Support Girl! - MeganL3985 
    You're cool!! - SkarloeysMom Here's To A Good Friend. I Haven't Forgot About Ya! :) - MeganL3985 Welcome Back! - Tolley To replace the one I gave to your alter ego!Welcome back. - smaug Ribbit!! From the frogman,dont leave again. - smaug 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - PauliesAquaQueen Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - PauliesAquaQueen Gay and Lesbian Pride - **AquaQueen** 

0 Not allowed!
    I hope things turn out fine. Sounds like they will be and he is already starting to feel a bit better. Good Luck and keep us updated!
    Bonnie & the Gang

Keep your Arms Wet and your Fingers Pruned

Check out my Photo's of all my fish and tanks. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/Boo222_photos/

Where Bird Lovers Gather
    http://www.tailfeathersnetwork.com/

Awards Showcase

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09 Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72 For being you - Nick_Pavlovski Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny 
    For helping us out and being a GREAT member! - gm72 I love you! - Over Actor Your my hero.....Kinda.....(^: - Kuli_Loach For the help with the coconut! - the P its about time i gave you a gift too! - cocoa_pleco 
    Let's celebrate Chica...maybe you can help make the favors - **AquaQueen** You do great work! - Lady Hobbs who doesn't want a cupcake? lol - tropfish Thanks for being as sweet as this Kiss to me...your a good friend! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share with my GF....Hope ya like choco-chip w/nuts - **AquaQueen** 
    For Your Daughter...she will like this better...No Milk! - **AquaQueen** Drink up! - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks for being so nice! - Bill M. Good Luck in the tiebreaker! - RobbieG thanks for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah* 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MeganL3985 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MeganL3985 

0 Not allowed!
    Eck.....he's still a sickie this morning. Having problems swimming even. Took forever for his little stripe to light up after turning the tank light one. All the others were lit up and he was still plain white with barely visable colors....for about 5 minutes anyway. Poor thing....I hate not being able to do anything else for him.
    *Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What Your Up To*

Tanks-
    55 Gallon--On Hold, In Storage...
    20 Gallon High--Tetra and Cory's
    5 Gallon Hex--Guppies (3 Female, 2 Male)
    2.5 Gallon Mini Bow--Future ADF Habitat
    <3 RIP--To My Former Fishies <3

*Aquatic Lounge Chatroom*
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09 Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72 For being you - Nick_Pavlovski Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny 
    For helping us out and being a GREAT member! - gm72 I love you! - Over Actor Your my hero.....Kinda.....(^: - Kuli_Loach For the help with the coconut! - the P its about time i gave you a gift too! - cocoa_pleco 
    Let's celebrate Chica...maybe you can help make the favors - **AquaQueen** You do great work! - Lady Hobbs who doesn't want a cupcake? lol - tropfish Thanks for being as sweet as this Kiss to me...your a good friend! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share with my GF....Hope ya like choco-chip w/nuts - **AquaQueen** 
    For Your Daughter...she will like this better...No Milk! - **AquaQueen** Drink up! - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks for being so nice! - Bill M. Good Luck in the tiebreaker! - RobbieG thanks for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah* 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MeganL3985 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MeganL3985 

0 Not allowed!
    Btw, Forgot to ask.....today is usually my water changing day....can I still do that even though he's sick and there are meds in the tank? Or do I just go ahead and change some water and add a dose (or half dose) of meds?

Tanks-

0 Not allowed!
    I would do the water change - the cleaner the water the better off he will be - like yous said add some medication to make up for what gets removed. It is better to have too much of the medication that you are using rather than too little. That isn't true for most meds - but its OK in this case.

Good luck - he has made it longer than most sick neons do - so he may still make it!
    Go ahead - try to count my Bumblebee Gobies!

72 Gallon Bowfront
    Angel, Sharks, Tetras, Fire Eel
    30 Gallon
    African Butterfly, Violet Goby, Tetras, Danios
    30 Gallon
    Clown Loaches, Neons, BumbleBee Gobies, Tetras
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I did a water change a little while ago, he's been swimming all around the tank...slowly but still swimming around. He was up at the top poking around when I was pouring in the new water, I was trying to miss him with my cup, I didnt want to hit the poor thing with it. He seems like he's feeling better, just still puffy and mostly colorless. Hope he hangs in there.

Tanks-

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    in case ya didn't see it in my "dieing neon tetras" post...you might want to check this out. sounds like what your fish has got. i know that at least 2 of mine had it...

ammonia levels are stable at zero. i don't have and can't find any other types of test kits in my area...nitrates or nitrides.

at least i know what a few of the neons died from based on the articles section at left...

Neon Tetra disease:

Neon Tetras are susceptible to the Neon Tetra disease. There is still no available cure for this disease and it will often kill the fish. Neon Tetra disease is caused by a sporozoan named Pleistophora hyphessobryconis. The disease is therefore also known as “Pleistophora”.

During the initial stage of Neon Tetra disease, parasite spores enter the Neon tetra. Common symptoms include restlessness and dull colouration. As the disease proceeds, cyst will develop and the fish body can become lumpy. The Neon Tetra will often have trouble swimming and towards the final stages of the disease the spine can become curved. The weakened fish is also susceptible to secondary infections.

As mentioned above, these is still no cure for Neon Tetra disease and trying to prevent the parasite from entering your aquarium in the first place is therefore the best course of action. The parasite is typically introduced via live food or newly purchased fish. By cultivating your own live food you will gain a greater control over what you put in your aquarium. Brine shrimp is for instance very easy and hassle-free to cultivate at home. When you purchase new fish, you should ideally keep them quarantined in a separate aquarium and look out for signs of illness. In the aquarium, fish often catch the disease when they eat dead fish. Removing sick and dead fish as soon as possible is therefore important. Some aquarists report that using a diatom filter decreases the risk of Neon Tetra disease, but it is only a supplement, not a substitute for the precautions described above. A diatom filter can reduce the amount of free parasites in the water.

There is also a disease known as “false Neon Tetra disease” that is often confused with true Neon Tetra disease. This disease is not caused by a sporozoan; it is caused by bacteria. The symptoms are however very similar and unless you have access to a laboratory it will be virtually impossible for you to tell the difference between the two diseases.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah I think he's probably got false NTD, he's been sick for 3 days and started him on Melafix the other night. He's still alive so I think if it were actually NTD he would've died by now. But who knows I guess. I just hope he's okay. Thanks for the article btw. :)

Tanks-

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Well he died :( So much for the 3 days of sickness but still hangin in there. I just hope he didnt suffer too much. I found him laying next to one of the rocks. I got him out of there and did a 25% water change. I also added some more melafix in the new water, just b/c i think i'm going to still treat the other fish incase they've got the bacterial infection or were nipping on him after he was dead. I'm not sure when it happened. I checked on him last around 8pm. So I dunno. So my school is down to 4 now, with the 2 oto cats. Might add another 2 neons in there since they like to be in groups of 5 or more. 6 seemed to be the perfect number with them. Plenty of room to swim around together with the oto's and not an overload on the tank.

Tanks-

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about your fish - it is a very good idea to treat the other fish.

Its tough to treat neons - they are so small that by the time you can see that they are sick they are usually very sick
    Go ahead - try to count my Bumblebee Gobies!

72 Gallon Bowfront
    Angel, Sharks, Tetras, Fire Eel
    30 Gallon
    African Butterfly, Violet Goby, Tetras, Danios
    30 Gallon
    Clown Loaches, Neons, BumbleBee Gobies, Tetras
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies