· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Some fish can get a little agressive with sick fish. Good luck with the medicine!
    Go ahead - try to count my Bumblebee Gobies!

72 Gallon Bowfront
    Angel, Sharks, Tetras, Fire Eel
    30 Gallon
    African Butterfly, Violet Goby, Tetras, Danios
    30 Gallon
    Clown Loaches, Neons, BumbleBee Gobies, Tetras
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09 Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72 For being you - Nick_Pavlovski Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny 
    For helping us out and being a GREAT member! - gm72 I love you! - Over Actor Your my hero.....Kinda.....(^: - Kuli_Loach For the help with the coconut! - the P its about time i gave you a gift too! - cocoa_pleco 
    Let's celebrate Chica...maybe you can help make the favors - **AquaQueen** You do great work! - Lady Hobbs who doesn't want a cupcake? lol - tropfish Thanks for being as sweet as this Kiss to me...your a good friend! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share with my GF....Hope ya like choco-chip w/nuts - **AquaQueen** 
    For Your Daughter...she will like this better...No Milk! - **AquaQueen** Drink up! - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks for being so nice! - Bill M. Good Luck in the tiebreaker! - RobbieG thanks for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah* 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MeganL3985 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MeganL3985 

0 Not allowed!
    He's really sucking air....I have a feeling that the melafix is gonna be too late. He'll probably be dead by morning the way he's looking and acting right now :( poor thing.....I dunno whatelse to do for it.
    *Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What Your Up To*

Tanks-
    55 Gallon--On Hold, In Storage...
    20 Gallon High--Tetra and Cory's
    5 Gallon Hex--Guppies (3 Female, 2 Male)
    2.5 Gallon Mini Bow--Future ADF Habitat
    <3 RIP--To My Former Fishies <3

*Aquatic Lounge Chatroom*
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

0 Not allowed!
    Thats the big trouble with small fish like neons - by the time you realize that they are sick they are usually very sick. I hope he makes it - good luck.

72 Gallon Bowfront
    30 Gallon
    30 Gallon
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09 Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72 For being you - Nick_Pavlovski Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny 
    For helping us out and being a GREAT member! - gm72 I love you! - Over Actor Your my hero.....Kinda.....(^: - Kuli_Loach For the help with the coconut! - the P its about time i gave you a gift too! - cocoa_pleco 
    Let's celebrate Chica...maybe you can help make the favors - **AquaQueen** You do great work! - Lady Hobbs who doesn't want a cupcake? lol - tropfish Thanks for being as sweet as this Kiss to me...your a good friend! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share with my GF....Hope ya like choco-chip w/nuts - **AquaQueen** 
    For Your Daughter...she will like this better...No Milk! - **AquaQueen** Drink up! - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks for being so nice! - Bill M. Good Luck in the tiebreaker! - RobbieG thanks for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah* 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MeganL3985 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MeganL3985 

0 Not allowed!
    Do you think I should leave it in there? If its NTD, I don't want it to effect the others....but if it isn't I dont want to seperate him and put him out of his element only to have the stress of that kill him. I just dont want it to kill my other fish.

Tanks-

0 Not allowed!
    If you can put him somewhere by himself I would - If it is a bacterial infection (or even NTD) it is likely that the other fish were exposed to it long before he swelled up but they could still turn on him.

Even if he doesn't make it I would continue the medication for the recommended period. JIC the others are sick and just not showing.

72 Gallon Bowfront
    30 Gallon
    30 Gallon
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Woke up this morning and turned the light on the tank, honestly expecting him to be dead. He is still white and puffy, but he's now swimming with the others. Not just in the back corner all by himself. I don't know what to think. If it were NTD do you think he would already be dead by now? When I was reading about it, I read that it kills very quickly and their symptoms get worse. So far he looks the same, but is now swimming with the others. Thats a good sign right?

Tanks-

0 Not allowed!
    It seems like it - keep up what you are doing it is working so far.

72 Gallon Bowfront
    30 Gallon
    30 Gallon
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Heres a couple pics I got about an hour ago. The first pic, is a weird color, but you can see his coloring a bit easier. The second pic (with the flash) it makes his coloring look normal, but with the flash the pics are clearer and you can see his belly size compared to the others.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tanks-

0 Not allowed!
    The belly looking like that is a classic sign of an advanced bacterial infection. Your fish definitely does not have NTD - continue with the antibacterial and doublecheck your water to be sure that it is clean/safe (good PH ammonia etc.) make sure that you are not overfeeding the fish.

72 Gallon Bowfront
    30 Gallon
    30 Gallon
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Well i'm glad its not NTD then! His color has been coming back more today. Yesterday his colors were faded a bit, but like you said before, that can happen if they're stressed. I imagine he would be stressed if he's got a bacterial infection. I did a 50% water change the other day when I first started noticing the fish looking a little sick, started treatment last night and he's back in with the school this morning. I've been checking on him periodically today. Sometimes he'll be in the back by himself again, other times he'll be in the front of the tank with the others. I guess just watch him closely, monitor water parameters and keep treating.

Tanks-