· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09 Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72 For being you - Nick_Pavlovski Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny 
    For helping us out and being a GREAT member! - gm72 I love you! - Over Actor Your my hero.....Kinda.....(^: - Kuli_Loach For the help with the coconut! - the P its about time i gave you a gift too! - cocoa_pleco 
    Let's celebrate Chica...maybe you can help make the favors - **AquaQueen** You do great work! - Lady Hobbs who doesn't want a cupcake? lol - tropfish Thanks for being as sweet as this Kiss to me...your a good friend! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share with my GF....Hope ya like choco-chip w/nuts - **AquaQueen** 
    For Your Daughter...she will like this better...No Milk! - **AquaQueen** Drink up! - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks for being so nice! - Bill M. Good Luck in the tiebreaker! - RobbieG thanks for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah* 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MeganL3985 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MeganL3985 

Cool Neon turning white?

0 Not allowed!
    I noticed today that one of my neons compared to all the others is starting to get more of a white shade than the "see-through" look. Its neon striping is fine, but the rest is turning white. Its also a little on the pudgy side. I'll try to take pics later if I can. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what is going on.
    *Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What Your Up To*

Tanks-
    55 Gallon--On Hold, In Storage...
    20 Gallon High--Tetra and Cory's
    5 Gallon Hex--Guppies (3 Female, 2 Male)
    2.5 Gallon Mini Bow--Future ADF Habitat
    <3 RIP--To My Former Fishies <3

*Aquatic Lounge Chatroom*
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/

Awards Showcase

Buy another angelfish - hobbs just want to say i love u - paulie A forum treasure - hobbs here's some ice cream.  i couldn't find any snow on the list.  maybe you'll get a blizzard now, huh?  lol - jeffs99dime ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LOL - Lady Hobbs 
    ~*For The Bride To Be*~ :) Have Fun w/ the Planning!! - MeganL3985 *Get Well Soon Girl !* - MeganL3985 For Tequila - Nick_Pavlovski For your loss - Kuli_Loach I'm So Sorry....Don't Give Up! Hang In There Hun!! @-->--- - MeganL3985 
    for some good luck! - cocoa_pleco I have a blast talking to you! - Kuli_Loach milk and cookies, no. milk and slushies, YES! - cocoa_pleco Apple a day... - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks For Your Support Girl! - MeganL3985 
    You're cool!! - SkarloeysMom Here's To A Good Friend. I Haven't Forgot About Ya! :) - MeganL3985 Welcome Back! - Tolley To replace the one I gave to your alter ego!Welcome back. - smaug Ribbit!! From the frogman,dont leave again. - smaug 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - PauliesAquaQueen Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - PauliesAquaQueen Gay and Lesbian Pride - **AquaQueen** 

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not 100% sure on this but I think there is a Neon disease that makes them loose their color...lemme go check.
    Bonnie & the Gang

Keep your Arms Wet and your Fingers Pruned

Check out my Photo's of all my fish and tanks. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/Boo222_photos/

Where Bird Lovers Gather
    http://www.tailfeathersnetwork.com/

Awards Showcase

Buy another angelfish - hobbs just want to say i love u - paulie A forum treasure - hobbs here's some ice cream.  i couldn't find any snow on the list.  maybe you'll get a blizzard now, huh?  lol - jeffs99dime ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~LOL - Lady Hobbs 
    ~*For The Bride To Be*~ :) Have Fun w/ the Planning!! - MeganL3985 *Get Well Soon Girl !* - MeganL3985 For Tequila - Nick_Pavlovski For your loss - Kuli_Loach I'm So Sorry....Don't Give Up! Hang In There Hun!! @-->--- - MeganL3985 
    for some good luck! - cocoa_pleco I have a blast talking to you! - Kuli_Loach milk and cookies, no. milk and slushies, YES! - cocoa_pleco Apple a day... - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks For Your Support Girl! - MeganL3985 
    You're cool!! - SkarloeysMom Here's To A Good Friend. I Haven't Forgot About Ya! :) - MeganL3985 Welcome Back! - Tolley To replace the one I gave to your alter ego!Welcome back. - smaug Ribbit!! From the frogman,dont leave again. - smaug 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - PauliesAquaQueen Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - PauliesAquaQueen Gay and Lesbian Pride - **AquaQueen** 

0 Not allowed!
    This must have been what I seen.
    Most tetras will fade in color if they are stressed or uncomfortable with their surroundings. (But note that many lose all their color at night, which is not a cause for alarm).
    So far that's the only thing I found that has to do with their colors changing.
    Bonnie & the Gang

Check out my Photo's of all my fish and tanks. http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/Boo222_photos/

Where Bird Lovers Gather

0 Not allowed!
    NTD makes the colored stripes fade after they have been sick with it for a while. If your fish is turning white and swelling up I would treat with an antibacterial remedy like melafix.

I would do it quick too - because neons don't seem to last too ling when they are ill.
    Go ahead - try to count my Bumblebee Gobies!

72 Gallon Bowfront
    Angel, Sharks, Tetras, Fire Eel
    30 Gallon
    African Butterfly, Violet Goby, Tetras, Danios
    30 Gallon
    Clown Loaches, Neons, BumbleBee Gobies, Tetras
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    very true once they start showing signs of being sick they rarely come back from it if not treated right away.
    Bonnie & the Gang

Where Bird Lovers Gather

Awards Showcase

You need gifts. Have a cookie! - Drumachine09 Good luck with your fishie - RobbieG Loving what you bring to the forum. Hope you are a long-term friend here! - gm72 For being you - Nick_Pavlovski Whatever yu want it to be - crackatinny 
    For helping us out and being a GREAT member! - gm72 I love you! - Over Actor Your my hero.....Kinda.....(^: - Kuli_Loach For the help with the coconut! - the P its about time i gave you a gift too! - cocoa_pleco 
    Let's celebrate Chica...maybe you can help make the favors - **AquaQueen** You do great work! - Lady Hobbs who doesn't want a cupcake? lol - tropfish Thanks for being as sweet as this Kiss to me...your a good friend! - **AquaQueen** I'm baking today and figured I'd share with my GF....Hope ya like choco-chip w/nuts - **AquaQueen** 
    For Your Daughter...she will like this better...No Milk! - **AquaQueen** Drink up! - Nick_Pavlovski Thanks for being so nice! - Bill M. Good Luck in the tiebreaker! - RobbieG thanks for adding me as a buddy! - *Sarah* 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MeganL3985 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MeganL3985 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MeganL3985 Gay and Lesbian Pride - MeganL3985 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MeganL3985 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MeganL3985 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MeganL3985 

0 Not allowed!
    Treat the whole 5 gal with the melafix?

Tanks-

0 Not allowed!
    I would - the other fish in it should be OK with the med.

72 Gallon Bowfront
    30 Gallon
    30 Gallon
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    Alright I went out to walmart a bit ago and got some melafix. I just put it in there and checked on the fish. It seems to be hanging more around the back of the tank not with the rest of them. I'm noticing the red in the tail starting to fade a tad and also the blue line looks like its starting to fade a bit in the center. I hope its okay.

Tanks-

0 Not allowed!
    The colors fade at night and whenever they are stressed. The swelling and isolation are probably the worst signs. Keep an eye out to be sure the other fish don't go after the poor little guy.

72 Gallon Bowfront
    30 Gallon
    30 Gallon
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    They dont bother with him at all.....they keep their distance. I've watched them for a little while this afternoon and also watched them for a few minutes before and after I dropped some melafix in.

Tanks-