· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Friends don't let friends drink alone, and I'm there for you man - Cliff After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1 I can't drink alone mate - ScottishFish I won't thank you because it's a thankless job 7 also I cannot find any CUC type gifts but thanks [ - 850R Cheers bud - Cliff 
    Time for a Pint? I cannae drink alone - ScottishFish Implied message here. - mommy1 Congrats MOTM !!! - Cliff Cheers! - escamosa I dunno why I'm giving you a skunkloach as your prize,. They just sound cool! :) - escamosa 
    Merry Christmas - KingFisher Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas!! - ScottishFish Happy X-mas! :-) - MCHRKiller Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1 
    A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199 Merry xmas! - ScottishFish Merry Christmas - mommy1 Happy New Year - mommy1 Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rowinms
    32Gallon tank, filtration? are you pertaining to the filters itself? its the bundled filter from jewel with a UV filter. sorry, my knowledge in this part is just of few.
    sorry to be the bearer of bad news but.....

32g is way too small for that fish and your single filter is way too inefficient. jardinis need a big tank (180g bare minimum) for life. your jar is beyond a small fry and needs more room and a bigger more stable environment. it looks like you caught this early enough, but some major dedication to wcs and an upgrade are definitely necessary at this point.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Seems to me you're really overstocked for your tank size. I don't know how big your pleco is, but a 10 inch fish in a 32 gallon has trouble written all over it. I would guess that it would be near impossible to keep the water clean, which would result in an unhealthy fish.
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid
    ~Albert Einstein

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy

32g is way too small for that fish and your single filter is way too inefficient. jardinis need a big tank (180g bare minimum) for life. your jar is beyond a small fry and needs more room and a bigger more stable environment. it looks like you caught this early enough, but some major dedication to wcs and an upgrade are definitely necessary at this point.
    Agree 100%. That fish needs to be placed in a larger tank and the filtration needs to be majorly upgraded. It's definitely early enough to be corrected with little long term damage.
    -Jordan
    Gar connaisseur

Predatory Tank:
    20" Tropical Gar, 18" Florida Gar, 20" Longnose Gar,
    17" Ornate Bichir, 25" Silver Arowana, 16" Bowfin, 15" Giant Gourami

16" Male Dovii

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy

Quote Originally Posted by WaMiss
    Seems to me you're really overstocked for your tank size. I don't know how big your pleco is, but a 10 inch fish in a 32 gallon has trouble written all over it. I would guess that it would be near impossible to keep the water clean, which would result in an unhealthy fish.
    Hi all, thanks for the tip. I think I will really have to move him in a larger tank. I will be upgrading the filter for him. I have just changed the water for him.

0 Not allowed!
    Couldn't you find a big enough fish bowl?

Why would you even think putting a giant fish in a 36 gallon would be OK?

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    @lady hobbs: Though I have that already in mind, i'm still saving up for the tank upgrade.

Update for everyone:
    1. leaving the motor for the filter off for 10hrs caused the water to be badly contaminated with probably super bad bacteria. So we did a 60% water change last night.

2. Arowana already did show some signs of good progress 12hrs later

3. Arowana is showing its self again.

4. The mouth gasping for air breathing like is starting to fade.

5. Arowana is again communicating with us. He normally likes to listen when we talk to him. Tries to play with us too.

So far so good. Thanks for all the tips. I will surely be transferring him to a larger tank soon.

0 Not allowed!
    I didn't mean to be rude, either, but this is heart breaking.
    Glad he has improved.