· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   

Default Buying fish online

0 Not allowed!
    Where I live we have absolutely NO good LFS anywhere unless their saltwater. We've bought all our fish so far at Petsmart (our local one has amazing care for their fish, I know... shocking). We're struggling with variety, they only carry limited quantities. For example, we want to get a small school of Dwarf Neon Rainbows, but everytime we go... they have one, its very disappointing. We also want a school of galaxy rasboras but they don't care them either.

So where is a good website online to buy fish from, also what is the shipping process/ return policy if you know?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Season's Greetings! - Rue   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Anders247   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    I've never ordered fish on line so I can't help with that.

Have you asked if your Petsmart will bring in fish for you?

Some of the big box stores will do that. I've always managed to find a store that would do that for me so I did not have to worry about ordering fish on-line.

No harm in aksing them
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

good luck with the cycle - Cliff   Cause I got none :) - Kayfish   Congrats on the comp wins - Cliff   Just joking about the dog.... sort of - mommy1   Cheers for your new tank! - 190MPH   
    Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Kayfish   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Kayfish   Autism - Kayfish   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Kayfish   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Kayfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm. Great idea Cliff, never thought of that. I'm having a problem cause the sites I come across are in the states and they won't ship to Canada.
    Try aquariumfish.net there's a link to it on the home page here at the AC. It's at the bottom right corner. Seems like a great site, but not for us Canadians.
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress may be judged by the way it's animals are treated", Gandhi
    Shark fin soup... A bowl of Travesty I will NEVER stomach".

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    +1 with Cliff - if your local store is willing to do that for you, you would be able to save shipping costs from an online place, plus, they might find other people want what you want also.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here's your first algae! - Lady Hobbs   more fishies - Lady Hobbs   needs a friend - Lady Hobbs   Wait... you have THAT 210 and no discus gifts yet???   :) - harpua2002   No Message - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    PetSmart cant/wont order for you, find their shipment mornings and be there to get them, they will do that for you.

I order fish all the time and ship em, just go off reviews, word of mouth is the best way to figure out how good a business is. Search forums,websites,ect.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the B-Day wish - Strider199   Thanks for the Rep! - steeler1   Thanks, and one for you too. - mommy1   lol - 5 steps to gift giving.  We should eat more bananas... potassium and all that. - KevinVA   Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    I had a good experience with Aquabid.com (Its like ebay for fish people, so mind those reviews)

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   Too cheer you up on days like those. - Strider199   

0 Not allowed!
    +1 for aquabid.com

I've bought most of my plants, my driftwood, and my red cherry shrimp from sellers on aquabid. Just check the seller's reviews (like you would on ebay), to make sure you're dealing with someone reputable.

Even if the LFS only stocks saltwater fish, you could ask them if they are able to get the fish that you are looking for from their supplier. The two LFS near me are more than happy to order fish that I want that they don't carry in the store. Shipping from online fish stores can be really expensive if you're only looking for a few fish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here's your first algae! - Lady Hobbs   more fishies - Lady Hobbs   needs a friend - Lady Hobbs   Wait... you have THAT 210 and no discus gifts yet???   :) - harpua2002   No Message - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Yes, forgot Aquabid.com is highly recommended, as others have said watch the reviews. I know a few sellers on there(im one too) and the bad reviews hurt everyone and we are trying to rid the place of the shady.