· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

Default Still need help adding photos?

0 Not allowed!
    Trouble posting photos? All the scary codes confusing you?

Hopefully this will help and be a bit easier.

If you want to post a full size photo in the “body” of your post, it must be stored on a website and the code given is entered into your post. It will be the IMG code not the http code. Many of us here store our photos on Photobucket. They have a setting in options to resize all photos automatically to whatever size you want but I chose the 800 pixel size because that’s the size required for comps here and display better in the forum.

The code entered for the pic below is this: [IMG] Xhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/carolo/Nov2010.jpg[/IMG] (I added the big X so I could display the tag without the photo popping up.) Displayed properly and you will get this.

Now........if you simply wish to add a thumbnail size that will display large when you click on it and does not have to be on a website but simply in a folder in your computer, it must be resized again to 800 x pixel or smaller.
    To enter those photos not on a website, click on "Advanced" under the posting box, scroll down to where you see Manage Attachments and enter your photo there.

That will display as below. They will NOT load up if the photo is too large so you must resize. Photos taken with cell phone are huge so resize!

The picture below is 800 x 600 when opened up but keep that first number in the 800 x pixel range and it should work fine for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 09-20-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - gadget228   Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Great simple tutorial Hobbs. This deserves a sticky
    <-- Click for journals
    "There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher "Only bad things happen fast in this hobby" - Cliff Boo train boo train boo train boo train woohoo

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas! - Lab_Rat   thank you for the birthday wishes - mommy1   Happy One Year AC Anniversary! - Rue   For being understanding, thank you - Cliff   (closest I could find to a catfish) Thanks for the nomination! - sheamurai   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - genocidex   

0 Not allowed!
    great write up lady hobbs XD
    KING OF THE GOLD BARBS RAWR!!!!
    I wonder if i plant one of my tiger barbs would the demon seed grow to a full tree?
    gotta love them bunnies!
    I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Why dont more members store the photos right here on the jolly ole AC
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

good luck with the cycle - Cliff   Cause I got none :) - Kayfish   Congrats on the comp wins - Cliff   Just joking about the dog.... sort of - mommy1   Cheers for your new tank! - 190MPH   
    Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Kayfish   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Kayfish   Autism - Kayfish   Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Kayfish   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Kayfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks Lady Hobbs! Now maybe I will post photos that are a little less Poopy! LOL
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress may be judged by the way it's animals are treated", Gandhi
    Shark fin soup... A bowl of Travesty I will NEVER stomach".

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by smaug
    Why dont more members store the photos right here on the jolly ole AC
    http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/fishpictures/
    Because the gallery poses even more problems for them?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    Uploading pics to our gallery is as easy as using a photopost website. Simply open a member scrapbook ,upload to it and use it the same as you would any web based photohosting site. It works with the image code very well,no resizing is needed and full size pics can be added to your posts instead of the little thumbs. I can even do it from my crappy android.
    Last edited by smaug; 09-21-2011 at 12:11 AM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   and gift - mommy1   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   Thanks for the rep, have a cool one on me, Cheers - Cliff   Thanks and a new fish for the tank - glarior   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Strider199   

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice info. Where was this when I spent( I actually dont remember how long) , and about 6 posts trying to upload a picture.

Sticky material for sure.

Short, sweet, and to the point. With results.
    Warning; Bulldog Pleco guarding my Sons tank now..

Please remember; every keystroke has a consequence.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Finally got it to work. Thanks lady hobbs great write up. No more posting links to pics for me