· Responsible Fish Keeping
· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What kind of rainbow is this?

0 Not allowed!
    So I got this Rainbow months ago and I was told it was a boesmani. Since I got him, he has doubled in size and started showing colors. To me he does not look like a boesmani and more like a turquoise. Does anyone know what kind he is?
    IMG_1484.JPG
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress may be judged by the way it's animals are treated", Gandhi
    Shark fin soup... A bowl of Travesty I will NEVER stomach".

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like an emerald rainbow(wanamensis)

0 Not allowed!
    Not a boesemani and definately not a turquoise but don't know what it is. Turquoise bows are turquoise, not yellow.

Look him up here under rainbow species. Pictures of all of them.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Well, I am a guy so colors like turquoise can be a little confusing! LOL. After looking at more photos on the net, it looks closest to an Axelrod. Ya, definitely not a boesemani, turquoise or an emerald.
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress may be judged by the way it's animals are treated", Gandhi

0 Not allowed!
    It looks a lot like a female boesemani but the color isn't right but that could also be due to the camera or the tank lights. The shape and look is right, tho. If so, you have a female.

Here's my males. The females are the same but without the blue half. You took such a poopie little picture, I can hardly see it. LOL But........now I have changed my mind after looking at her thru my magnifying glass!!!!! I would go with the female boesemani now, as well.

Last edited by Lady Hobbs; 09-20-2011 at 05:41 AM.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Here's my males. The females are the same but without the blue half. You took such a poopie little picture, I can hardly see it. LOL But........now I have changed my mind after looking at her thru my magnifying glass!!!!! I would go with the female boesemani now, as well.
    LOL!! Actualy it's not a bad photo. I had to resize the heck out of it to attach it here. I will try and link it to my AC photo album but have to wait till tonight cause I'm at work on my phone right now. :) Thank You!!

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    It looks a lot like a female boesemani but the color isn't right but that could also be due to the camera or the tank lights. The shape and look is right, tho. If so, you have a female.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...sh/arguing.jpg

Wow! Those are nice looking Lady Hobbs!!

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks. Would have looked nicer had my tank been cleaner! They color up even more when spawning. In the photo, they are just chattin' and smoking a cigar together.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here's the photo added the way you suggested Hobbs. This fish has alot of green and yellow coloring along with a strip that is only at it's tail end. All of which are more prominent in real life and not as defined in this photo. Any idea's now that the photos a little less poopy...? LOL
    IMG_1484 - Copy.JPG

0 Not allowed!
    And now I'm scratching my head again. LOL That almost flourscent yellow and green is throwing me off big time. Shape is right but that color is just not doing it for me. He is purdy, tho. Might be a cross breed but other than the color, sure looks boesemani.

Awesome photo skills!