· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a bottom feeder for the new tank! - Rue   Hang in there! - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ActionRoc
    I believe a fish tank should look as good as the fish it houses. I plan on focusing my creative energy on building a few accrylic tanks of my own design.

also thx for the concern & advice every one. I was lucky enough to talk with a few people who have had these fish in greater numbers with success. I'm keeping a close eye on them and have a 10g incase I need to pull out a problem fish. It doesn't come accross well in the photos but the setup has many more hiding spots than fish. These fish are 2 & 3 inches of their expected 4.5 when I got the tank it had four 6 & 7 inch malawi's and a giant pleco.
    so far so good wish me luck.
    You really need to get a standard tank with length for these fish because they dont care about height what you will have sooner then later is 1 fish at a time that is getting beat up by the alpha hiding at the very top scared to swim anywhere and scared to eat and will eventually be found dead one night. i had 17 in a standard 55g with plenty of hiding spots and one buy one they died due to being stressed by the alpha until i was dwn to 9 then i took them all to my lfs to restock my tank with a more peaceful stock. Just get a standard tank to enjoy those type of fish better because i bet the just stay at the bottom and are not towards the top.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGBlak
    You really need to get a standard tank with length for these fish because they dont care about height what you will have sooner then later is 1 fish at a time that is getting beat up by the alpha hiding at the very top scared to swim anywhere and scared to eat and will eventually be found dead one night. i had 17 in a standard 55g with plenty of hiding spots and one buy one they died due to being stressed by the alpha until i was dwn to 9 then i took them all to my lfs to restock my tank with a more peaceful stock. Just get a standard tank to enjoy those type of fish better because i bet the just stay at the bottom and are not towards the top.
    I've built a column with one 2x1 foot piece of coral and 2 large pieces of driftwood. This gives structure to the whole hight of the tank and they use every inch of it. there is one fish that likes the bottom but he gets lots of food down there. most of them have picked spots in the middle to top for the structure.
    every now and then they all come out of their spots and congregate over the gravel. like you do with the guys i the neighborhood every now and then. few beers a few laughs talk sports and then back to your respective houses. it's kinda cool.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

why thank you! : ) - mommy1   Why thank you  :-) - Cliff   For your hard Day at the grocery store. - Strider199   champaign of decoders - Lady Hobbs   so here's another clown - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    I have ACEI's in a mixed mbuna tank. The only reason they swim up any distance is to get food when I feed. They swim the length of the tank all day. In your tank....there is no length to swim!! They grow to 6-7 inches and need space to swim back and forth....not up and down.
    It is absolutely a cool looking tank, but with ACEI's it is most likely a recipe for disaster.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default so cool!

0 Not allowed!
    it amazes me how much their color varies thruout the day. when I wake up for work they're a very pale greyish blue, by the time I get home from work they're a dark blue, by the time I go to bed their tails are a bright vibrant yellow! it's sooooo cool. I love these little fish

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default my little fishes are all grown up!

0 Not allowed!
    We've been blessed with some happy little babies over the last few months.

I have to say thx for all your help every one.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I'm a beginner so my advice is pretty moot, but if you opt to change the tank I think an amazon blackwater with some angels and a big old tree trunk would look really really cool in that tank

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thx.
    I do really like angels but I'm extremely happy with this set up. So are the fish. They've been in there 10 months trouble free. I doubt I'll change a thing any time soon.

I do have a 420 gallon system yet to set up. Maybe next year I'll have time to do all that. Then I might move these guys into there and fill this tank with 100 or so cardinal tetras. Maybe.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Next round is on me! :-D - MCHRKiller   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   Friends don't let friends drink alone, Cheers - Cliff   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   I think this will help after the tree - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Glad to hear it is working out for you. How active are the fish with that limited footprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by i_am_511
    Lighten up its just the internet its not like someone came in your house and punched a baby in the face.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Quite

0 Not allowed!
    The only time they're really still is when the lights are off for long periods.