· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harebgone

1. Default Harebgone

0 Not allowed!
    My wife pointed out gloppy stringy stuff attached to the rocks and floating in the current after work. After looking closer I realized what it was.My poor sea hare got sent through my large koralia powerhead,what a damn mess. I wont have to feed the fish for a week now. He was doing good and it just so happened the big koralia was where alot of algae was and he liked it there.They are a rather gooey consistency so I assume it would have been easy for some of him to get pulled in and couldnt escape.I obviously cant get another one cause I need the powerhead and shileding it would be difficult without impeding flow.

0 Not allowed!
    I hate when deaths happen due to equipment. Sorry to read this.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Makes me a feel a bit sick bud.

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear about the but luck there Smuag

I have heard & read of a lot of times were this happened to a anemone, but never any other type of critter.
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

0 Not allowed!
    I remember a while back I lost 4 cories because they got stuck in a filter uptake tube when the prefilter got dislodged from the tube. It did make me feel literally sick to my stomach. They were just investigating and got stuck. Horrible.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

0 Not allowed!
    Actually not all that uncommon for Sea Hares to get sucked into things like powerheads, especially in cases like you mentioned where their staple food is close to the powerhead. Sorry to hear of your loss smaug.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What a shame, Sorry to hear it
    PaMeLa
    5 gallon/6.5 gallon/29 gallon/37 gallon/ 55 gallon {and a 20 gallon in my office!}

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Im thinking of ways to guard the powerheads. He was too cool to not have another one when its safe to do so.

Awards Showcase

You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985 For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75 Its good to have company - smaug Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb 
    For the cards - William An Apple For Teaching Grad!  Congrats! - MeganL3985 You deserve to let yourself go for all the hard work you did to graduate!!! - Bolivian Ram Here's an apple for the teacher, great job Ellen - sailor A koi, because they love being in a school!! - smaug 
    Congrats on the job - sailor congrats on the job ! - Algenco For getting your teaching job - snipers_den Welcome back! - fins_n_fur merry xmas - smaug 
    For the new tank - Northernguy Way to go! DIY Stand. - Northernguy My condolances to you and your family. - Mith Good Luck, thanks for the rep! - Wild Turkey I thought you might like a Frontosa. - Brookfish 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God 

0 Not allowed!
    Oh sad. I'm sorry. :(

0 Not allowed!
    Could you use some sort of plastic grid to create a shield?
    8 tanks running now: