· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a bottom feeder for the new tank! - Rue   Hang in there! - mommy1   

Default How to AquaScape With Anubias

0 Not allowed!
    Im stumped on how to aquascape with anubias. I see all these nice tanks usisng anubias and making bushes and stuff but how do they do that any ideas ? I have a bunch of anubias and i cant figure out how to even start making it look nice together and natural. Anyone ? Im pretty tired of my anubias just floating or sunk to the bottom not looking nice at all ...
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    Post a pic of the tank as it is now and I am sure that people will be willing to give you some ideas to improve your scape. There are many different types of anubias, you can use tall species for the backdrop and smaller shorter forms attached to items and planted(rhizome exposed of course).
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Here is one of the full tank not recent but basically what it looks like. I took a few out and put them in my 55g and those are also floating. HELP LOL.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Im going for a all anubias tank but taking ideas as well. I seen a nice all anubias tank on youtube tht inspired me but mine isnt going to come out anywhere close to that because all my plants are short.
    Heres and idea of how i want my tank to be minus my driftwood.
    Something simular in my own way .

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Anubias take FOREVER to grow

I've had mine for 6+ months and I have yet to see any new growth or anything. It just sits there... existing

A tank with that sort of style (as the video) could probably be accomplished much faster (and easier) with a few Amazon swords. For me, those things have grown gigantic under absolutely dreadful lighting conditions, and incredibly fast. I started with a tiny little Petco "tube plant" Amazon sword (started at maybe 3 inches high) which now takes up half of my 25 gallon aquarium with only 4 months time and bare minimum light (now it's 20 inches tall almost growing out of the top of the tank!).

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Birthday Bud. Cheers! - Strider199   Merry Xmas! Ill drink to that! - Sandz   Happy New Year! - jeffs99dime   Birthday Beer. - gadget228   Sending healing vibes to your Oscar - Silbar   
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Brhino   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think any aquascape looks fantastic until the plants have had a chance to grow into their surroundings, and anubis are indeed slow growers. I think what you've got started will look nice and full once they grow in, but that will take months. You may want some faster growing plants to help fill things out in the mean time.
    300 gallon mega tank: sailfin pleco, clown loaches, silver dollars, roseline sharks, congo tetras, new world cichlids
    125 gallon office tank: Africian cichlids, synodontis catfih
    75 gallon community tank: bolivian rams, black skirt tetras, dwarf neon rainbowfish, corys, harlequin rasboras, otos, bristlenose and bulldog plecos, assassin snails, various shrimp
    60 gallon goldfish tank: fancy goldfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    There are different kinds of anubius, as well. Some remain small and some grow taller, like the anubius congensis.

You tank looks fine other than all those ties showing. Take the rest of what you have and add to the wood too and make it look nice and full. You have lots of space to add even more. And while it is attached with those ties, get some black polyester coarse thread OR some fishing line and tie it down and then remove those ties.

Don't tell me you can not do this! LOL

Mine is finally doing something after 3 years! It needed more light than I had thought.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    BTW.....I use a stapler gun but I think I mentioned that previously? Not a paper stapler but a household staple gun. And I adjust the settings so the staple does not go in tight. You will not hurt the rhizomes that way.

When the plant attaches, I just pop out the staples. Only takes one staple for each.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Your anubias looks great in your tank LH, I may go out and buy a stapler gun if i can find one cheap or see if my grandpa has one i remeber him having one. About the ties they are about ready to come off i believe i had them on for about 2 almost 3 weeks already anubias should have attached by now. I have 3 types of anubias in my tank Nana,Bateri,and Broad Leaf. I have been seeing new grow as they have been floating in the tank forever and roots have gotton alot longer but i know they are extremely slow growers. Does anyone know if they seel XL anubias anywhere ? I think i saw some at one of my LFS but it was all chewed up and they wanted $18 each not sure what kind it was tho. I would do amazon swords in that tank but would my cichlids uproot ( i just did the swap) them ? i dont have much of a depth in subtrate in that tank maybe a inch and a half if that will amazons roots do well ? Thanks for the replies im going to try everything thats put on here . By the way i would see in some tanks but not with detail that the rhizome seems to be weighed dwn some how and the plants are kind of stacked on each other if anyone knows how to do that that would be great in starting like a bush or something in my tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    aquariumplants.com has some great anubias...and a quite a few different types. I also think it must be mentioned that anubias are low light "tollerant" doesnt mean they specifically thrive in poor lighting. They actually do their best growth in medium spectrum lighting.

My 100G used to have a wall of A.congensis, along the back they actually make excellent background plants.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons