· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Smile Ideas For New Tank Mates

0 Not allowed!
    at the moment i have 2 snow white cichlids 2 convicts 1 purple blood parrot 1 jewel 1 kennyi mbuna 1 blue zebra 2 yellow morphs i put 2 yellow tailed violets in that got destoyed in 10 mins i have seen some williams mbuna and blue dolphins i like

any ideas
    3 tanks a 200 ltr 4 head and tail lights,10 assorted platys, 3 black swordtails, tuxedo swordtail, mystus catfish a raphael catfish,pictus,sunset catfish 2 clown loaches 1 xclown plec,gibbicep,2 Congo tetras,2 albino algae eaters,1 panda corydoras,1 Pakistani loach,3 cory,s a peppered a albino sterbae and a agazzizi,1 skunk botia,2bumbble bee gobies and 2 silver angel 1 zebra angel,3 red banded rainbows,2 cockatoo dwarf chiclids,3 diamond tetras

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    What ,huh... all in what sized tank?African lake cichlids with this and that and those...

0 Not allowed!
    Idea! Keep either a south american tank or a mbuna tank.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    yeah there all happy in my 700 ltr tank
    3 tanks a 200 ltr 4 head and tail lights,10 assorted platys, 3 black swordtails, tuxedo swordtail, mystus catfish a raphael catfish,pictus,sunset catfish 2 clown loaches 1 xclown plec,gibbicep,2 Congo tetras,2 albino algae eaters,1 panda corydoras,1 Pakistani loach,3 cory,s a peppered a albino sterbae and a agazzizi,1 skunk botia,2bumbble bee gobies and 2 silver angel 1 zebra angel,3 red banded rainbows,2 cockatoo dwarf chiclids,3 diamond tetras

5. Angry

0 Not allowed!
    i wasnt asking for critisism but advice i thought thats what this forum was for as im new to cichlids

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    well here's the thing,blue dolphins(cyrotocara moori)are more apt to frequent sandy open areas,and mbuna are rock/structure dwellers and can be very aggressive.Is your blood parrot dyed purple?A personal preference is not to support dyed fish.No one is judging you as we all can learn things from each other,as i have combonations of fish that some would say couldn't or shouldn't be done.cheers

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    my parrot isnt dyed as far as i now i w am a manager in a fish farm we breed koi mainly but have a tropical shop aswell all are fish are checked at customs by oata so they would not let us have modified fish

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    No one is trying to criticise you. sorry you felt that way. The problem is that they're "not all happy" like you say. The issue is that south american and african cichlids have WAYYY different water parameter needs. And while one of the species is "happy" in your conditions the others are secretly miserable... They may have adapted to the parameters somewhat, but that doesn't mean they're thriving. There's high potential for harm also.

Honesly, you asked for help with tank mates. You should really serperate your species then ask for help with tank mates. There's lots of species you could add to either tank. SA or african. For instance.

My South american tank has: 2x rainbow cichlids, 1x jelly-bean, 1x salvini, 2x angels, 4x clown loaches, 2x red/blue columbian tetras and 1x dimond tetra (125g).

So, there's an example of a South/Central American Tank. I don't keep mbuna's unfortuantely so i wouldnt be able to list a reasonable tank or tank mates.

Lastly, when dealing with cichlids its really trial and error from what ive learned. Some cichlids are fine together when you least expect it. And just the oppsite. You think they'll be fine (for whatever reason, forum, books etc) and then WHAM, they kill each other.

Thanks,
    eRoc

0 Not allowed!
    You asked for idea's and my idea was to keep a tank of africans and separate them from South American species due to the different needs of both. I couldn't suggest more fish when those two different types are kept together.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for the responses i have a spare tank what would you remove to make a happy tank