· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Totm...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Excellent supporter! Great posts! - Rue   good poster/nice guy - Lady Hobbs   thanks for all the help here - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for the research! - Nick_Pavlovski   Have a cookie! - Drumachine09   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - RobbieG   

0 Not allowed!
    Also if you think your tank can't win you could use both of your entries for the POTM contest.

Seriously though - from what I have seen - the big old monster tanks hardly ever win.
    Go ahead - try to count my Bumblebee Gobies!

72 Gallon Bowfront
    Angel, Sharks, Tetras, Fire Eel
    30 Gallon
    African Butterfly, Violet Goby, Tetras, Danios
    30 Gallon
    Clown Loaches, Neons, BumbleBee Gobies, Tetras
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a beer to go with your name :) - Abbeys_Mom   your christmas present.  It's the 33g, it's folded :) - Abbeys_Mom   Merry X-mas - NorthernBoy   Singing to you.  Can you hear me? - hobbs   In memory of your friend, and a little love for you on that loss - kimmers318   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - crackatinny   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - crackatinny   AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - crackatinny   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - crackatinny   

0 Not allowed!
    Last month my 120G did not get a vote, yet many smaller ones did, I think it go's more toward trend, and at the moment natural planted tanks just seem to be the favourites.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Excellent supporter! Great posts! - Rue   good poster/nice guy - Lady Hobbs   thanks for all the help here - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for the research! - Nick_Pavlovski   Have a cookie! - Drumachine09   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - RobbieG   

0 Not allowed!
    Your tank got chopped off of the thread too!

Rough month

72 Gallon Bowfront
    30 Gallon
    30 Gallon
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    As of last Oct or Nov, our selections were of 5 or 6 tanks. The contests have only gotten this big in the last few months. If they should drop back off again, it would be pretty difficult to have 4 categories with only 6 or 7 entries. It would no longer be a contest.

The only reason a 2nd place was implemented is because for now the contest has grown but there's no guarantee it will remain with this many entries. If entries again drop back off, the second place will be withdrawn.

Like the others, I don't vote for the largest tank. I vote for how much work goes into it. I also never go into the contest with the thoughts I might win but enter just for the involvement.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

always good info - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for ongoing help - Lady Hobbs   Great info! - Drumachine09   Big help on here, Cheers! - Kuli_Loach   Sorry for calling your Blood Parrot a Goldfish! - Nick_Pavlovski   

0 Not allowed!
    Visit this site
    http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.or...=view-showcase

You can do great things with all size tanks
    Michael

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I see why brackets could be a good thing. Not too many brackets though or it would be a compitition between 2 people. Maybe just large and small perhaps 31g and up/30g and down. I did vote for Spyder but not due to size. It was mostly due to all the plants and natual look of it. Its apparent that many many many hours were spent on that tank. I would not object to brackets however I dont object to how it is now either.
    What super powers you ask? How about the power of flight...does that do anything for ya? Yeah, thats levitation baby! What about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away... with MIND BULLETS! Thats telekenisis Kyle! How about the power....to move you...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbieG
    Your tank got chopped off of the thread too!

Rough month
    His tank wasn't chopped off. He may have cropped it right to the edge to make it the right size but the size he submitted is what was entered. I don't touch the pictures that were submitted unless they are too dark and I will ask before I lighten it.

Crack is right on trends. Right now planted tanks are it. In the fish contests the cichlids have been the favorites.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I meant that it was on the photobucket page but not in the thread. His was the last on the poll list so when I didn't see the photo in the thread I assumed it had been accidently chopped off the end.

I could however have been sniffing too much aquarium rated sealant and missed it!

72 Gallon Bowfront
    30 Gallon
    30 Gallon
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    You are nuts. I just opened the thread and went back and his was the very last entry. He entered his pic just a couple hours before the contest close.

I opened the thread for you to look again however none of the pictures are now there as they have been moved in the photobucket site so the links are all broken.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I believe you - if you say it was there it was there - I have no doubt that I just missed it.

72 Gallon Bowfront
    30 Gallon
    30 Gallon
    10 Gallon
    Baby Platies

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast