· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wijnands
    Hmm..

I'm not inclined to handle my google or facebook account to an unknown site.Is there a reason why you do not allow direct accounts?
    Yes, two in fact:
    a) I don't want to store passwords and have another reason for hackers to target me, so instead use the oAuth protocol to manage all authentication for me instead. You sign in to (eg) google, google then tells my site you're who you say you are, and redirects you to aquarium manager, with your username which is then linked to an account and you can load up your tanks.
    b) I personally don't like remembering yet another username/password combo, and suspect many other's don't either.

That said, if you feel uncomfortable about doing this then that is OK too, I'm not here to compel you to use the application. You could always create a "throwaway" yahoo or AOL account as an alternative to using your google or facebook logins if you prefer.

Hope that helps :)

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by metal-otaku
    i'm trying to use it but having a hard time making a new tank can you please explain to me how?
    Hey, thanks for your feedback!

a) log in
    b) click on "My Aquariums"
    c) scroll to the bottom, there's a green button that says "Add Aquarium"

Once you have created the basics of the aquarium, it will be listed in the "My Aquariums" page. From there you can go in and add fish, equipment, water tests etc.

Hope that helps!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by alexinoz
    Yes, two in fact:
    a) I don't want to store passwords and have another reason for hackers to target me, so instead use the oAuth protocol to manage all authentication for me instead. You sign in to (eg) google, google then tells my site you're who you say you are, and redirects you to aquarium manager, with your username which is then linked to an account and you can load up your tanks.
    b) I personally don't like remembering yet another username/password combo, and suspect many other's don't either.
    )
    It's a good reason. And openauth is pretty good. I'll give it a spin over the weekend and let you know
    3 potted plants and 6 strings of plastic do not make a planted tank!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by wijnands
    It's a good reason. And openauth is pretty good. I'll give it a spin over the weekend and let you know
    Yes - openauth rocks. More sites should be using it for my reasons above. I do hope you like the application, and of course shoot me any questions or comments for improvements that you have!

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've added charts to the app recently, and also done a load of other small changes.

Feedback welcome as always!

www.aquarium-manager.com is the site