· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Aquarium Management software

0 Not allowed!
    I know there used to be one that let you type in everything, from the fish in your tanks to the water changes to plants. Can't seem to find any that work for Windows 7 or are even available anymore. Is there any around that are free and that work?
    Define busy ~
    29 gal freashwater
    10 gal empty ~ someday Betta
    4 cats, 1 dog and 2 kids. (2yr-4yrs) Potty Training and one on the way

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    not sure what kind of information you are looking for, but aqadvisor.com gives you info about stocking percentage, recommended water changes, temps and possible issues with fish compatibility.

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ok I'll try that. I don't really what I'm looking for per se.. I think I'm just trying to keep track of things.
    Define busy ~
    29 gal freashwater

0 Not allowed!
    Make up a list for yourself in Microsoft, perhaps?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    +1 to Hobbs. Try Microsoft Excel, It works great. I use it for all kinds of stuff I'm trying to keep track of. Household Budget, vacation itinerary, Aquarium cycle log, etc...
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress may be judged by the way it's animals are treated", Gandhi
    Shark fin soup... A bowl of Travesty I will NEVER stomach".

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    LOL. But that would be toooo easy. j/k that's a great idea. I guess I just wanted to cheat a little. lol
    Define busy ~
    29 gal freashwater

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I know it's been a while since activity on this thread, but did you find something suitable?

If not, I'm learning to do some basic programming and have been thinking of writing a web based aquarium tracker. It would track daily readings (to help with the fishless cycle I'm about to commence), fish additions, plant additions, water changes etc.

It shouldn't be too big a project to start with and will give me some good experience.

I'm planning to output the data to charts, and with a bit of luck I should be able to make these link-able (to post on forums like this for Q&A).

Is this what you're thinking of? What other data points would be useful to have? I'll see if I can include them for you.

Awards Showcase

Why thank-you - Cliff The grammar crab has you in its grasp! D: - Trillianne Thanks for the clarification - Mith A few clown for the fellow SW clowns. :D - ILuvMyGoldBarb sorry about your angelfish - smaug 
    Many cultures donw through the ages have known that Ice cream is the perfect band-aid for all occasions. ~  Sorry for your loss. - 850R Here's some Christmass Cheer, Happy Holidays Sheamurai - Cliff merry xmas, keep good care of him - genocidex Beer! The perfect gift for any occasion - Merry Chrismas! - 850R I'm glad your here and a active forum member - Cliff 
    penguin for a friend XD - genocidex Thanks for the help with that spammer !!! - Cliff Thank you for the kind words - Cliff Merry Christmas - Cliff To help you re-stock the tank - Cliff 
    Discus and Beer! - Sandz To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson For very clear advice! - houdini56 Happy Holidays! - Rue Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7 

0 Not allowed!
    I use Excel as well. Spreadsheet with a few different pages which tracks all my tank and stock history, equipment etc.

Wondering now how other people have their spreadsheets set up?
    20gal long planted community

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by alexinoz
    I know it's been a while since activity on this thread, but did you find something suitable?

If not, I'm learning to do some basic programming and have been thinking of writing a web based aquarium tracker. It would track daily readings (to help with the fishless cycle I'm about to commence), fish additions, plant additions, water changes etc.

It shouldn't be too big a project to start with and will give me some good experience.

I'm planning to output the data to charts, and with a bit of luck I should be able to make these link-able (to post on forums like this for Q&A).

Is this what you're thinking of? What other data points would be useful to have? I'll see if I can include them for you.
    that sounds awesome!
    RIP Shark Bait, my Red Tail Shark :(

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    125g Planted Community - Rena XP-4, Rena XP3
    Angels, Dora Cory Cats, Glass Cat Fish, Gouramis, Scissor Tails, High Fin Black Skirt Tetras, Snails
    30g Working Tank as needed
    20g Planted Community - AC-70 Harlequin Rasboras, Neon Tetras, Dwarf African Frogs, Bamboo Shrimp, Snails
    1g 1 Siamese Fighting Fish, Snails
    Aquarium Resources Angel Fish Breeding Modifying Water Chemistry Pest Snail Control