· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Why? No one reads the stickies!!!!! If they did, we wouldn't have to point out forum rules and the threads on cycling all the time.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a bottom feeder for the new tank! - Rue   Hang in there! - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Why? No one reads the stickies!!!!! If they did, we wouldn't have to point out forum rules and the threads on cycling all the time.
    That is true it was just a thought. Alot of people are new to forums thats why i think i they get over looked.
    110g All Male Peacock/Hap Tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Well, Pele has been here 2 years and we've talked about tank moving how many times? LOLOL

He must have been with Octo watching The boy in striped pajama's. LOLOL

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    haha i read all the stickies
    fish are friends, not food

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here ya go! - Agassizii   No Message - robflanker   No Message - Tetris   dude, you need to chill - Lab_Rat   just cause - Twe3k   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pele   

0 Not allowed!
    Im to busy not reading the book to look at the other threads.
    whoops.

It would be a good thing to sticky though
    Have you had your daily dosage of Pele?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLII...ature=youtu.be
    ^Shaving is hard^

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Countrylovin4evr   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Countrylovin4evr   

0 Not allowed!
    Lol- still laughing about the 1500 lbs fish. I do read stickys but there is always something I miss and want more info on.

I am going to be moving soon So I'll be doing the same but to a new home_if we can ever find the one to buy. The question I have is don't you have to save most of the water? I thought if (read yrs ago) you dump all the water you'll lose most of bacteria. I know most of it's in filter and then substrate. But can you actually take all water out and start fresh without losing your cycle? I'll be moving my 30gal. Not to mention... have ya ever tried catching an algae eater??? Well that's probably a big 10th degree duh but yeah.. mine don't exactly jump in the net for me. Last one I gave to my mom was mid size and it took me a few hrs just to catch him in an empty tank.
    Define busy ~
    55 gal freashwater
    29 gal fresh
    3 cats, 1 dog and 3 kids.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    All of the bb needed to keep the nitrogen cycle alive is in your filter and some on surfaces in your tank. The water is just the media in which the fish live. 100% water changes are doable everyday as long as the incoming water matches the outgoing as well as possible and a chlorine remover is used (if chlorinated).

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Ahhh ya got me! - Trillianne   Restocking your pond - Trillianne   Rep Message:  Thanks for the giggle!  Am still snickering. - Rhaethe   A little less toxic! Lol - Kayfish   Thanks for the rep - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Heh, my big tank IS over 2000lb. A46 gallon will be totally fine upstairs IMO. I wouldn't even think twice about it. You really only run into problems if your house is super old, your house is not up to code, or when you get up into the triple digit tanks. I would be perfectly comfortable putting a 75 gallon upstairs. But a 200 gallon, not so much.

As far as moving it, empty it 100%. You will thank yourself later. Drain some of the water into a bucket, and toss the media in there while you move the tank.

Also, drain the water down to a few inches, THEN catch the fish.
    Who is "General Failure" and why is he reading my hard drive?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one! - korith   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Countrylovin4evr   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Countrylovin4evr   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh that's smart! drain the tank then catch the fish. Hmm.. I feel stupid now. :-) I shall do that then.
    I still might save some of the water just to start off with though.
    Define busy ~
    55 gal freashwater
    29 gal fresh
    3 cats, 1 dog and 3 kids.