· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Some skimmers can take up to 10 days to break in. I would not expect it to work corectly until the break-in period is over.

I forgot what brand of bulb I'm using right now. Once the lights are out, I'll pm it to you
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The booklet that the skimmer came with SAYS it should take no longer than 72 hours to break in. Based on that I would guess that 72 hours is the minimum break in period lol, but still I could not imagine running that in my tank for 3 days without killing my fish. My clowns were literally covered in bubbles and I have never seen them stay in one spot for such a long time. I don't really know what to do about it. I have a few ideas but I still have to think them over a little bit.
    My 14 Gallon Reef
    Fish are Friends, not Food

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by frefal13
    Thanks cliff =) Where do you get your light bulbs and what brand do you use? I have been looking online but I really havn't found any t5's higher than 12000k which I thought was weird. Thanks!

I'm useing 3 bulbs of Korallen-Zucht supper blues (around 20000K), one Korallen-Zucht purple bulb, and two Korallen-zucht daylight (white) bulbs which are around 18000K of light. I reason why I'm using this brand is that IMO, it is the best brand my SW LFS carries.

I'm too much of a chicken to order bulbs on-line and have them shipped so I have never really looked into too many other options
    If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! I appreciate it I will see if I can find those

My 14 Gallon Reef

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Little bit of an update, I got some new additions Yesterday and Friday =). For Corals, we got a new Pom Pom Pulsing Xenia, and I must say the constant pulsing is memorizing =). I also got a nice mat of Daisy Polyp. My newest fish is a lovely dwarf flame angel. The angel and the damsel fought for a little while yesterday but now they are leaving each other alone, the flame angel claimed the area to the right of the tank and the damsels live in the main structure to the left. I hope everything remains relatively peaceful between them. I also got a nice skunk cleaner. He spent a good hour cleaning the flame angel after he was done fighting the damsel. Its awesome to watch him clean the fish! Such and amazing relationship. I took a short video of the cleaning yesterday so I will post that once I upload it to youtube.
    And now for some Pictures!
    Here is the new Xenia! In the video you can see it doing its pulsing thing!

Here is the Daisy Polyp

One of the cleaner

Another of the Daisy
    My 14 Gallon Reef

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A better picture of the zoas than before

And ofcourse a FTS

And another FTS

I think everything is coming along well =). The battle with the cyno seems to be over as well, still just a light brown dusting on the sand bed which my new conch seems to be taking care of =). I couldnt get a shot of the flame angel, he is staying in his rock structure for now. I hope he comes out later. Thanks for looking!
    My 14 Gallon Reef

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I finally got the video onto youtube. Its not the best quality because I had to use my cellphone but its what I had lol. Also please excuse the spot algae on the acrylic, I still havn't gotten around to removing it with an old credit card.
    So here it is!
    My 14 Gallon Reef

0 Not allowed!
    Cool video

Its amazing how the fish seam to just naturally go to the cleaner shrimp and let them do their thing.

I used to love watching that when I had some cleaner shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    Bud, thats awesome :)

Wonder if any of my fish other than my goby will ever let my cleaner do that?!?
    Used to try and keep track of my fish here.....

Ran out of room and time!!!

Instead I'll tell you the best piece of fishkeeping equipment ever....... Algae Scrubber :)

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Great video and the tank is looking great!!
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.

If your not angry, your not paying attention...

150G FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Assrtd) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby) 10G Fresh (Beta)