· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Question Heater for small tanks

0 Not allowed!
    So I have a 2.5 and 5 gallon aquarium that I want to get heaters for but I'm having trouble finding a good brand and size. I also don't want to spend a lot on them but want them to work good. Any recommendations?
    55 Gallon Community
    40 Breeder Peacock cichlid Grow Out
    10 gallon empty
    5 gallon Guppy Tank
    2.5 gallon cylinder Crayfish tank
    1 gallon empty

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    For a small 5-10g tank, I've had really good experience with those tetra heaters. They sell them at walmart, I think a small one cost around $10. They are cheap and for me they have been very dependable.

For the smaller 2.5g tank, you could try a small heater meant for betta tank. The are small and flat so they don't take up much space. No idea on the cost of these.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome back! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    +1 on the Walmart heaters - just make sure you get one that's adjustable because I found one there that was preset at 76 and I wanted to be able to increase it if I wanted.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    I have an old 50 watt All Glass heater I use in my 10 gallon. This heater has been going strong for 8 years. All my fancy-antsy costly heaters haven't latest a year other than just one. I buy more heaters than I do steaks!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    I buy more heaters than I do steaks!
    Are you a vegan?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's to one crummy Superbowl, lol! - Slaphppy7   To help you sleep... - Rue   Happy Easter! - Slaphppy7   My turn to buy - fishmommie   Right back at'cha! - KevinVA   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Surfdog   Autism - Surfdog   

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by korith
    Are you a vegan?
    LOL

I like the Eheim Jager 50w, IME, you get what ya pay for...

Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid (John Wayne)
    If you're not angry, you are not paying attention (Ralph Nader)
    9 Tanks (2-29G QT) ranging from 150G to 10G for my 1/2 moon Beta
    https://youtu.be/avRN9X77jD4

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Hope you are well man - robflanker   Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   Happy Birthday - mommy1   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster   

0 Not allowed!
    I use these in all of my tanks and I've never had a problem with them.

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...m?pcatid=21322

I would suggest the 25W for your small tank.
    Angel breeder wanna-be

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry guys i went to my cabin before i could respond.
    For a small 5-10g tank, I've had really good experience with those tetra heaters. They sell them at walmart, I think a small one cost around $10. They are cheap and for me they have been very dependable.

For the smaller 2.5g tank, you could try a small heater meant for betta tank. The are small and flat so they don't take up much space. No idea on the cost of these.
    Good idea i look them up and think that is what I may do but will see,
    Thanks
    I have an old 50 watt All Glass heater I use in my 10 gallon. This heater has been going strong for 8 years. All my fancy-antsy costly heaters haven't latest a year other than just one. I buy more heaters than I do steaks!
    Never bought an expensive one
    LOL

I like the Eheim Jager 50w, IME, you get what ya pay for...
    Ya but I have a hard time buying a heater that cost more then my fully set up 5 without a heater.
    I use these in all of my tanks and I've never had a problem with them.

[Only Registered Users Can See Links.Click Here to Register]]

I would suggest the 25W for your small tank.
    That looks good too but I still think a little pricey with shipping.
    55 Gallon Community
    40 Breeder Peacock cichlid Grow Out
    10 gallon empty
    5 gallon Guppy Tank
    2.5 gallon cylinder Crayfish tank
    1 gallon empty